Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Northborough Mosquito Spraying Service
When the weather is pleasant, it’s no secret that Central Massachusetts residents enjoy spending time outdoors. Whether your favorite activity is firing up the grill, spending time by the pool, or even digging in the garden and perfecting your landscaping, the time between April and September is peak season to bask in the beautiful outdoors. Unfortunately, April to September is also peak mosquito breeding season here in Northborough, MA. If itchy bites from these annoying insects are plaguing you every time you step into your backyard, it’s time to get rid of them for good.
As if the itchy mosquito bites weren’t enough, there are many more reasons to consider mosquito spraying in Northborough. For example, mosquitoes can harbor diseases like West Nile and eastern equine encephalitis. As biting mosquitoes travel from person to person, they can spread these blood-borne pathogens to multiple people during their lifespan. For these reasons, it is crucial to eliminate mosquitoes from your property as quickly and efficiently as possible. Mosquito Shield of Central MA can help.
Our Proven Three-Step Process
Mosquito Shield has developed a supremely effective, three-step system for defending your property against mosquitoes. This science-backed system works because of our patented mosquito spray and the methods we use to apply it. Our steps include:
- Bite prevention. We utilize a CO2 masking procedure designed to tackle the scientific reasons mosquitoes bite. Female mosquitoes track human and animal prey based on the carbon dioxide they emit. By masking these emissions, Mosquito Shield can prevent mosquitoes from biting you and your family.
- Mosquito spraying. Northborough technicians will then apply our specialized mosquito spray throughout your property, focusing on the areas mosquitoes tend to breed. This step includes spraying all organic surfaces of your property, including grass, plants, trees, and wooden decking or fencing. As the spray dries, it adheres to these organic surfaces and kills mosquitoes on contact.
- Regular maintenance. After the initial mosquito spraying, Northborough technicians will return periodically to provide ongoing protection to your property. Refreshing your mosquito spray will provide a strong invisible barrier guaranteed to keep mosquitoes away from your property.
Northborough Residents’ Most Frequently Asked Questions
Of course, there are plenty of DIY mosquito solutions available at your local big box store. Unfortunately, while products like citronella candles and torches, mosquito nets, and personal insect repellent tend to work for a while, you’ll quickly need to return to the store when they inevitably stop working a short time later. If you’re ready to pursue a proven, scientifically backed solution to ending your mosquito problem, Mosquito Shield is here to help.
Consider the questions below which Northborough residents tend to ask us:
Q: How long does Mosquito Shield’s spray take to begin working?
A: Our patented spray begins working immediately and kills mosquitoes on contact. More mosquitoes come into contact with the spray as it lingers on organic material, and most homeowners notice a significant drop in mosquito activity within about 24 hours.
Q: What if it rains after my spray application?
A: We include a product called Rain Shield with your mosquito barrier spray. It will continue to work even after a light to moderate rain shower.
Q: How often should I schedule follow-up treatments?
A: Our technicians will monitor the weather patterns and mosquito activity in the Northborough area. We’ll determine the perfect time to return, though most clients experience a 10- to 17-day interval between treatments.
Q: When can I return outside after a treatment?
A: Our spray begins drying immediately and will adhere to the organic material fast. You can return outside within about 10 minutes after your appointment ends.
Q: Is the solution cost-effective?
A: Compared to the continuous purchase of multiple DIY methods—and the hassle of applying them—most Northborough residents find Mosquito Shield to be a very cost-effective alternative to other mosquito solutions.
Get in Touch with Mosquito Shield Today
Ready to learn more about the mosquito spraying Northborough residents just can’t stop talking about? Reach out today to request more information. Alternatively, call us today to schedule your first appointment, and get on your way to a mosquito-free property this summer. Call today (888) 778-2019.