Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Repel Mosquitoes in Milford, MA
Mosquitoes are some of the most unwelcome guests for any homeowner to encounter around their property. If you want to repel mosquitoes in Milford effectively, it’s time to start thinking beyond the typical range of mosquito control products you’re likely to find in a local home improvement store or hardware store. While some of these products, like citronella candles and electric lanterns, might provide minimal relief from mosquitoes in a small area, they simply cannot match the level of protection you can experience when you choose Mosquito Shield’s professional services.
Mosquitoes carry serious diseases like West Nile virus and Triple E. Throughout human history, mosquitoes have been responsible for spreading infectious diseases very rapidly. Because of this, homeowners in the Milford, MA, area should want to keep mosquitoes as far away from their properties as possible.
Unlike typical mosquito control products that might only work for a small porch or outdoor seating area for a few hours, the Mosquito Shield three-step system provides complete protection for your whole property all mosquito season long.
How Does Mosquito Shield Repel Mosquitoes in Milford?
When you need protection against mosquitoes that extends over your whole property, Mosquito Shield has you covered. Our system involves three simple but effective steps that ensure season-long protection against mosquitoes:
- First, your vector-trained Mosquito Shield technician will perform CO2 masking around your home. This process will make it more difficult for mosquitoes to locate and bite you. Female mosquitoes locate targets by sensing the CO2 emissions from their bodies. CO2 masking effectively confuses mosquitoes and greatly reduces the frequency of bites. This process not only helps you avoid itchy and irritating mosquito bites, but also protects your family, guests, and your pets from mosquito bites, too.
- Second, your technician will spray our patented spray solution all around your home. Your technician will inspect your yard carefully and locate the places that mosquitoes will most likely gather. Our technicians also know how to spot established mosquito nests and the places that will attract them the most. Your technician will apply our spray all around your home, paying close attention to the high-risk areas and ensuring complete protection around your property. The spray kills mosquitoes quickly on contact and sticks to organic material like grass, wood, and plants. In about 10 minutes, the spray will finish drying on these surfaces and generate an invisible vertical shield around your whole property that will deter more mosquitoes from entering your property.
- Finally, regular re-spraying throughout mosquito season preserves and strengthens your barrier. Our technicians visit our customers every 10 to 17 days to re-spray their properties, and each spray treatment ensures the shield performs up to your expectations to repel mosquitoes in Milford all season long.
These three steps ensure your mosquito barrier provides consistent protection for your whole property. Additionally, you don’t need to worry about the rain washing away your mosquito protection like you might with conventional store-bought products. We add Rain Shield to our spray solution that ensures the spray adheres correctly in the rain, so you don’t need to worry about the extra moisture attracting mosquitoes to your property after we treat it.
Choose a Better Way to Repel Mosquitoes in Milford
If you have tried conventional methods to repel mosquitoes in Milford and found the typical options lacking in results, the Mosquito Shield system can provide the relief you want at a fantastic value. It is easy to see why so many central Massachusetts homeowners have made the switch to Mosquito Shield to repel mosquitoes. Milford homeowners interested in a better approach to mosquito control should call Mosquito Shield today. Contact us to learn more about our proven approach to your mosquito problem.