Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Your Guide to Tick Prevention in St. Joseph
Ticks are not creatures that you want to find on your property. They can easily establish colonies undetected, and even mature ticks are tiny and hard to spot. One of the most dangerous aspects of ticks is the fact that they can bite a person without being obvious about it. It’s common for someone to suffer a tick bite and not realize it for several hours. Ticks can also carry and spread infectious diseases like Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, anaplasmosis, and Lyme disease.
Our tick prevention in St. Joseph is one of the best available defenses. Instead of being reactive and spending your money treating the diseases ticks can spread, eliminate the ticks living around your home, and prevent more from invading with the help of Tick Shield.
How Do We Provide Tick Prevention?
Tick Shield has a straightforward and effective service that offers the best tick prevention in St. Joseph. While you may need to use some conventional products like bug spray when you’re out and about and enjoying the outdoors away from your home, Tick Shield can help you ensure your home’s defense against ticks.
Tick prevention in St. Joseph from Tick Shield involves spraying around your property, paying close attention to known tick colonies as well as the places where ticks prefer to colonize. Tick Shield’s spray works fast to eradicate ticks and will create a lasting barrier around the property. Many ticks find their way into private homeowners’ backyards by attaching to animals and dropping into the grass to look for more food and build their colonies. Dogs, cats, birds, rodents, and deer can easily transport ticks to new places for them to cause problems, and Tick Shield stops ticks from dropping into your property.
Tick Shield’s spray kills ticks quickly, disrupting their colonies and applying a fast-acting coating to the organic surfaces around the property. This coating generates a barrier that will deter other ticks from entering the property in the future. While you may rely on bug spray and other practices to keep ticks away from you while you’re outside of your own property, Tick Shield offers tick prevention in St. Joseph to maintain safety from ticks at your home.
Best Practices for Tick Prevention in St. Joseph
Tick Shield will help protect your family and pets from ticks at home, but if you spend time outdoors at nearby parks or campgrounds, you should follow a few simple tips to limit your risk of exposure to ticks:
- Limit exposed skin. If you plan on hiking through the woods, try to wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt that’s loose fitting and comfortable. Exposed skin is like a welcome mat to ticks, and limiting your skin exposure will make it much harder for ticks to bite you.
- Wear light colors. Ticks have dark-colored bodies, so they can easily blend into darker colored clothing. Wearing lighter colors will make it much easier to spot ticks if they land on your clothes, allowing you to remove them quickly and safely before they have the chance to bite you.
- Use bug repellent with DEET. Ticks are resistant to most types of bug repellent, but repellents fortified with DEET are moderately effective at keeping ticks away. However, you must remember that these products are not completely foolproof defenses against ticks.
- If you or a loved one sustains a tick bite, remove the tick entirely and store it in a small jar or plastic bag if you are concerned about disease and want to send it away for testing. Make sure to sterilize the wound with alcohol.
Ticks are troublesome creatures, and tick prevention in St. Joseph from Tick Shield is one of the best defenses you can have for your home. If you want to eliminate the tick population on your property and limit your risk of suffering tick bites, contact Tick Shield today.