Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Your Guide to Tick Prevention in Battle Creek
It’s fairly common knowledge that ticks are bad news and can carry diseases. People typically associate Lyme disease with tick bites. Diseases such as lyme disease can entail long-term symptoms and lasting medical complications. The best way to deal with ticks is to avoid them entirely, but they are very small and hard to spot, so this isn’t always easy to do.
Tick prevention in Battle Creek from Tick Shield offers some of the best available defense against ticks. If you want them off your property and want to prevent more from invading, Tick Shield is here to help with a proven system for effective tick prevention in Battle Creek.
Why Tick Prevention in Battle Creek Is Essential
Many people who suffer tick bites don’t even realize a tick has bitten them until it’s too late. Some bites are painless and hard to detect, and many tickborne illnesses do not immediately develop noticeable symptoms. Instead of spending your resources on extensive medical treatment for these diseases, invest in tick prevention in Battle Creek to prevent these issues from appearing in the first place.
Tick Shield offers affordable and effective tick prevention in Battle Creek, thanks to the specialized spray solution we have developed. The ticks you find around your home likely made their way there by riding on the coats of animals like dogs, cats, rabbits, rodents, and birds. Ticks can establish colonies quickly, and they’re so small that it may be difficult to notice a tick problem before it gets out of hand. Choose tick prevention in Battle Creek from Tick Shield to enjoy the outdoors around your home with confidence.
Best Practices for Tick Prevention in Battle Creek
Tick Shield’s system destroys ticks already living around your home and prevents more from entering your property. Our spray works quickly to kill ticks and it creates an invisible barrier that prevents other ticks from nesting around your home. Our Battle Creek tick prevention is effective, reliable, and affordable.
Here are a few best practices to keep in mind when you’re enjoying the outdoors away from your home:
- Wear light colors when you spend time outside. Most ticks are small, with dark-colored bodies. They can be black, gray, red, or brown, and they’re small and hard to see, especially if you wear dark clothing outside. If you wear light colors, it will make it much easier to spot ticks if they find their way onto your clothes, and you can remove them safely before they have a chance to bite you.
- Limited skin exposure. If you’re planning on hiking or spending time in a wooded park where ticks may be lurking, try to wear long sleeved, loose-fitting clothes as the weather permits. Exposed skin is prime for tick bites, and you want to minimize the opportunities ticks have to bite you.
- Use the right insect repellent. If you want an insect repellent that will keep ticks away, you need to use one with DEET. While this substance does not smell pleasant and most repellents require frequent reapplication, it may help deter ticks from biting you. Remember that this is not a foolproof defense against all types of ticks.
- If you do notice a tick has bitten you, be sure to remove it as soon as possible and as completely as possible. Use fine-tipped tweezers and grasp the tick across its entire body, not on either side, and pull it straight out. If you twist or grasp it incorrectly the tick’s mouth parts may remain in the skin. After removing the tick completely, sterilize the wound site with alcohol and store the tick if you would like to have it sent away for testing.
These strategies in combination with our tick prevention services can help you minimize the chance of suffering a tick bite. Contact Tick Shield today to schedule your first appointment for tick prevention in Battle Creek.