Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Your Best Option for Tick Prevention in Kalamazoo
Ticks are small parasitic arachnids that can be very difficult to spot before they cause serious problems. Many types of ticks carry infectious diseases like Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and it’s possible for someone to sustain a tick bite and contract a serious illnesses without even realizing they have come into contact with a tick. Tick prevention in Kalamazoo is the most effective way to deal with ticks and to prevent them from biting in the first place.
Most of the ticks you would find around your home or in heavily wooded areas of Kalamazoo are very small. Some are about the size of a pinhead and don’t get much bigger as they mature. They are very difficult to spot, especially when they land in hair, a pet’s fur, or on dark clothing. Tick prevention should be a priority for every Kalamazoo homeowner, and Tick Shield is here to help.
Your Guide to Tick Prevention in Kalamazoo
A few best practices can help with tick prevention in Kalamazoo, and you should keep the following tips in mind both at home and when you’re out and about in parks, forests, hiking trails, and other outdoor locations where you’re likely to encounter ticks:
- Whenever you spend time outdoors in areas where you might find ticks, try to wear long sleeves and loose fitting, comfortable clothes. The more skin you leave exposed, the more surface area a tick has to bite you.
- Avoid wearing dark colors when you spend time outdoors. Most ticks are black, brown, and dark red, and they can blend into darker colors very easily. Wear light colors so you can quickly spot and remove ticks if they land on you or others while outdoors.
- Bug repellant made with DEET is the only kind that can effectively repel ticks. However, keep in mind that these products often require consistent reapplication and are not foolproof. You should never rely solely on a bug repellant product to protect yourself from ticks.
- If you or a loved one suffers a tick bite, be sure to remove the tick entirely as soon as possible. Using fine-tipped tweezers, grasp the whole tick’s body as close to the skin as possible and lift it out. Be careful, as twisting or pulling at an angle could result in the tick’s mouth parts remaining in the skin. After removal, sterilize the wound with alcohol. If you are worried about a disease, store the tick in a small jar or plastic baggie to send it for testing.
These tips can help you lower your chances of suffering a tick bite. However, if you want to protect your home and vastly limit your risk of tick exposure, tick prevention from Tick Shield can help you enjoy the outdoors around your home with peace of mind.
Tick Shield Works for Kalamazoo Residents
The Tick Shield system exists to prevent ticks from wandering into your property and establishing new colonies. Most ticks find their way to residential properties by hitching rides on wildlife such as birds, cats, dogs, and rodents. These creatures may carry ticks onto your property at any time, dropping them off where they are free to bite whoever and whatever they can find. Tick colonies develop quite rapidly, so it’s possible to have a tick infestation manifest on your property without realizing it until you or a loved one suffers a bite.
Tick Shield sprays an effective spray solution across your property that repels ticks, discouraging them from interloping on your property and establishing new colonies. We use a tested and proven barrier system designed to completely shield your property from ticks, ensuring long-term protection and helping reduce your risk of exposure to ticks. If you want an effective and reliable solution for tick prevention in Kalamazoo, we can help. Contact Tick Shield today for more information about our services.