Ticks are some of the worst creatures to have around your home. Tick spraying in Sterling can help you get rid of any ticks living on your property and help protect you, your family, your guests, and your pets from tick bites. Tick Shield offers a reliable and affordable treatment that gets rid of ticks and keeps them away from our home.
A tick is a parasitic arachnid that feeds on blood. They’re found in many areas but are mostly concentrated in heavily forested areas throughout the country. Ticks prey on warm-blooded animals, including birds, cats, dogs, rabbits, deer, and also people. It’s common for someone to spend time outside and suffer a tick bite without even noticing at first, but a tick bite can have serious consequences.
Why You Should Consider Tick Spraying in Sterling
Ticks are dangerous for several reasons. They can carry diseases like Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and Anaplasmosis, but the most dangerous part about them is how hard they can be to spot. Ticks are very small, sometimes no larger than a poppy seed in their juvenile stages. After reaching full maturity and feeding they can get quite large and round, but they are still very small and hard to see with the naked eye.
It’s important to follow a few best practices if you spend time outdoors during tick season, which extends from April to September in most of the country:
- Avoid dark clothing if you’re going to be spending time outdoors. Light colored clothes will make it much easier to spot ticks that land on you. If you’re outdoors and notice a tick on someone else, take a moment to stop and remove it as quickly as possible before it can bite.
- Strive to wear long pants and long sleeves outside whenever possible. This minimizes the amount of skin exposed and can delay a tick from biting you.
- If you plan to do any hiking through forested areas, consider tucking your clothes to prevent gaps through which ticks might reach your skin, as long as weather permits. For example, tuck your pants into your socks, and then tuck your shirt into your pants.
- Apply insect repellant with DEET. Ticks are resistant to many conventional bug sprays, but repellants made with DEET tend to offer the best results. However, these are not foolproof.
- Invest in tick protection for your pets. Your veterinarian can recommend suitable tick protection for your dogs or cats, minimizing the chances of them tracking ticks back to your property after spending time out and about.
- If a tick bites you, it’s vital to remove it correctly or have a physician remove it for you as soon as possible.
These tips can help you prevent tick bites when you spend time outdoors away from your home, but tick spraying in Sterling can provide the protection you need when you’re at home.
Tick Spraying in Sterling Is the Most Reliable Tick Protection
You might wonder how ticks can make their way into your property. Grass, leaves, and various types of shrubbery can be perfect places for ticks to live, and ticks can also find their way to your property after being carried by wildlife like birds, deer, and rodents. Tick colonies can appear quicker than you might expect, so it’s best to prevent them from taking root around your home in the first place with tick spraying in Sterling.
If you don’t want to risk your own health or the health of your family and pets, or if you have noticed ticks around your home, Tick Shield can help. Our system eliminates the tick colonies around your home and treats the area, so they are less likely to drop off passing wildlife and make new homes in your yard. Conventional bug repellants may help when you travel outside your property and spend time camping or hiking, but tick spraying in Sterling is the best way to protect your home. Contact Tick Shield today for more information about tick spraying in Sterling.
More About Our Approach
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.