When you invest in Mosquito Shield tick spraying, St. Paul residents, you invest in your family’s future. Tick bites are more than just a nuisance – they pose risks of harmful diseases and infections. Protect the health of your home with our Tick Shield solution. We used the same years of intense research and innovative thinking to come up with Tick Shield as we did with Mosquito Shield. Read our history. We’re 100% confident we can eradicate ticks from your property.
Three Diseases You Can Prevent With Tick Spraying in St. Paul
Ticks stalk their hosts, waiting on foliage, tall grass, or buildings to reach out and latch on. They detect hosts through temperature, moisture, body odor, and vibrations. Ticks attach with special pincers, and feed on blood for hours or days. When ticks bite animals or humans, they can transmit harmful diseases through bacteria they carry. Learn more about ticks. Tick spraying in St. Paul can significantly decrease the risk of contracting tick-borne diseases such as:
- This bacterial illness also causes flu-like symptoms, including body aches, fever, headache, chills, and nausea. Infected individuals may also experience confusion, eye redness, and rash. Severe cases can cause difficulty breathing and bleeding disorders. Treatment requires antibiotics.
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever. This bacterial infection can cause severe headache, high fever, and a rash on the wrists and ankles. Without timely treatment, this infection can cause internal damage to organs such as the kidneys and heart.
- Lyme disease. Symptoms of Lyme disease include fever, chills, headache, and muscle pain. Since symptoms can mimic the flu, it may be hard to catch Lyme disease early. It can also cause body-wide itching, unusual behaviors, and stiff neck. Doctors use certain antibiotics to treat Lyme disease. Get more facts about Lyme disease.
Tick bites can also lead to infections, especially after improper removal of an embedded tick. The tick’s head may remain in the skin, creating an infection. The best way to avoid these health consequences is with tick prevention. Tick spraying in St. Paul with Mosquito Shield is a highly effective way to ensure a tick-free property.
When to Schedule Tick Spraying in St. Paul
Unlike mosquito season, tick season isn’t limited to spring and summer. In fact, ticks are most prominent in fall. Mosquito Shield offers seasonal tick spraying to help you prevent a tick invasion when the weather starts to turn. View our program plan options. We recommend signing up for a Tick Shield plan so our technicians can come to your location on a set schedule to spray. This is the only way you can avoid gaps in protection.
While Tick Shield is incredibly effective, it only works at its full potential with regular applications. Otherwise, rainwater and other elements wear the product away over time, once again exposing your property to ticks. We mix Tick Shield with our proprietary RainShield product, making it capable of withstanding light to moderate rain. Let our tick experts create a custom schedule for you. To sign up for tick spraying, St. Paul residents can call (508) 316-3429 or reach us online.
More About the Mosquito Shield Approach
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.