As a home or business owner, you may underestimate the importance of tick spraying services. Bedford’s top tick control company, Mosquito Shield, is here to tell you why you need to invest in tick spraying sooner rather than later. Massachusetts’ tick population has increased in the last decade – and the risk of disease and infection has risen.
Ticks are some of the most potent vectors for life-threatening diseases in the world. Their feeding habits put hosts at risk of contracting Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, tularemia, and many other viruses. Get the facts on insect-borne diseases. Here’s how to protect your family from these dangerous diseases.
Step 1: Learn About Ticks
To defeat ticks, you must first learn as much as you can about them. The easiest way to learn about ticks is by partnering with Mosquito Shield. We have licensed and trained tick experts who know the local species, their habits, and how to prevent them from biting you and your family. Here are a few important facts you should know before investing in tick spraying services in Bedford:
- Ticks are attracted to carbon dioxide. Among other things, the CO2 we exhale appeals to ticks and helps them target potential hosts. By masking CO2 on all active areas of a property, Mosquito Shield effectively eliminates what attracts ticks to your lawn and home in the first place. Read our history to learn how we created our Tick Shield solution.
- Ticks like to hide in certain areas of your lawn. Effective tick spraying services in Bedford rely on the ability to attack tick colonies at their sources. Seed ticks, or newborn ticks, can attack hosts at numbers up to 30,000 at a time – enough to paralyze or even kill weaker and older animals. Finding where ticks are living and breeding is a main part of tick eradication.
- There is no one-time treatment to get rid of ticks. Don’t let this discourage you – Mosquito Shield has come up with an excellent tick control plan to keep ticks at bay for as long as you wish, with consistent treatments on a flexible schedule. Mosquito Shield enables home and business owners to live tick-free for good.
Start on our Tick FAQ page to learn more about ticks. Here you will find basic facts about ticks, such as why they bite humans and how they spread diseases. The more you know about ticks, the better able you’ll be to keep them away from your home and family.
Step 2: Call Mosquito Shield for Tick Spraying Services in Bedford
Next, call Mosquito Shield to schedule tick spraying services in Bedford. Yes, it’s that easy – you’re just a phone call away from eradicating ticks from your property and keeping them away for the long term. We’ll come to your location at a time that works best for you, conduct a complete and thorough property assessment, and begin our three-step tick control process. We’ll eliminate existing colonies, mask CO2, and put up a barrier so ticks won’t be able to return to the premises.
If you’re ready to schedule your tick spraying services, Bedford residents can reach out to us online or speak to a friendly representative at (978) 315-0200 today!
More About the Mosquito Shield Approach
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control. For tick spraying services Bedford residents can trust, call us at (978) 315-0200.