Ticks are very troublesome insects for New Jersey homeowners. They are difficult to detect and may bite and spread infectious diseases with little to no warning. One of the best ways to prevent tick bites for you, your family, and your pets is with tick spraying. Haddonfield, NJ, homeowners can rely on Tick Shield to provide effective and reliable treatments that prevent ticks from entering a property, minimizing the risks of bites and the additional problems they can cause.
There are many species of ticks found in New Jersey, and many of them are capable of carrying serious diseases including Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and more. While you can limit your risk of suffering a tick bite with a few best practices, investing in peace of mind by choosing tick spraying in Haddonfield from Tick Shield can be a fantastic long-term solution.
What to Expect from Tick Spraying in Haddonfield
Some of the most common conventional methods for avoiding tick bites include avoiding areas where ticks are more common and applying bug repellents fortified with DEET, but this substance can have toxic side effects in some situations. Ultimately, the best protection against ticks on your property is to prevent them from entering your property at all and killing the ones that may already be hiding in your lawn, your trees, and the other outdoor spaces around your home.
Ticks are parasitic insects that feed on the blood of other living creatures, including birds, cats, dogs, deer, and humans. It’s common for wild animals in rural and suburban areas to carry ticks into residential areas, letting them loose where they can potentially bite people and cause serious illnesses. When you invest in tick spraying in Haddonfield, you can limit exposure to ticks on your property and enjoy the outdoors with peace of mind.
When you opt for the Tick Shield service, one of our vector-trained technicians will visit your property, conduct an initial inspection to identify the areas with the highest risks for tick exposure around your home. Haddonfield homeowners can count on our team to provide fast, efficient, and effective services to minimize the appearance of ticks on your property.
Limiting Your Risk With Tick Spraying in Haddonfield
Unlike conventional protective measures like bug sprays, tick spraying in Haddonfield keeps ticks away and keeps them gone. The technician who performs your treatment will target the areas around your home where you and your family spend the most time outside, identify any special risk factors like the presence of wildlife or certain species of trees and other vegetation that ticks tend to favor. Tick spraying in Haddonfield from Tick Shield can be your first line of defense against ticks at your home, but a few other best practices can help you minimize your risk even further:
- Wear light colors when you spend time outside. This will make it much easier to spot any ticks that fall on to your clothing so you can remove them before they bite.
- Try to wear long sleeves and long pants whenever possible outside. This limits the amount of exposed skin ticks can access. If you plan on hiking or are moving through any area with tall grass, tucking your shirt into your pants and your pants into your socks will make it much harder for ticks to reach your skin.
- While bug sprays aren’t 100% effective at preventing tick bites, a high-quality bug repellent can still help limit your risk of suffering a tick bite. If you wear short sleeves outside, apply bug spray to your exposed areas.
- Consider investing in special tick prevention treatments for your pets if you let them spend time outside.
These tips can help you minimize the risk of tick bites for yourself, your loved ones, and your pets. Tick spraying in Haddonfield can minimize this risk even further. If you want to remove ticks from your property and keep them gone, Tick Shield can help. Contact us today for more information about tick spraying in Haddonfield or to schedule your consultation with one of our technicians.
More About Our Approach
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.