Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Mosquito Spraying Near Me Oakton
Mosquito Shield offers an effective and reliable service designed to provide long-lasting relief from mosquitoes on your property. Our products provide superior results compared to typical mosquito control products like scented candles, torches, and electric lanterns. If you want mosquitoes gone from your property all summer, Mosquito Shield is here to help you.
Our straightforward three-step process for mosquito spraying starts with an inspection. One of our vector-trained technicians will visit your Oakton property at a convenient time and identify the areas most likely to attract mosquitoes. Your technician will know the places where mosquitoes are most likely to breed and gather.
Our Three-Step System for Mosquito Spraying in Oakton
Mosquito Shield offers mosquito spraying in Oakton that works very quickly and keeps working:
- The process starts with CO2 masking, a procedure designed to make it much harder for female mosquitoes to locate and bite you, your family, and your pets. Carbon dioxide attracts female mosquitoes and encourages them to bite, and the CO2 masking process effectively confuses them.
- The next step is application of our patented spray. Your Mosquito Shield technician will apply the spray to all of the organic surfaces around your home, such as the grass, trees, deck, walking paths, and other areas likely to attract mosquitoes. This spray kills the mosquitoes already living around your home and adheres to organic surfaces quickly, usually drying in just a few minutes to form an invisible vertical “shield” around your property.
- The final step is maintenance. The Mosquito Shield team manages mosquito spraying in Oakton by carefully monitoring the local weather and mosquito activity. We typically revisit our customers’ properties every 10 to 17 days to reapply the spray. Each session only takes a few minutes and adds increased strength to the mosquito barrier.
This process is proven-effective, and we’re certain that our team can provide the highest quality mosquito spraying for Oakton residents.
Common Questions About Mosquito Spraying in Oakton
If you have never experienced the Mosquito Shield system before, you probably have several questions about how it works and what type of results you can expect. Consider the following questions and answers so you can make a better-informed decision about the available mosquito spraying products:
Q: How long will it take to see results?
A: Most of the customers who come to us for mosquito spraying in Oakton report significantly reduced mosquito activity within just the first 24 hours following their first spray treatments.
Q: How often do I need to have the spray reapplied to my property?
A: One of our technicians will visit every 10 to 17 days during the mosquito season to ensure uninterrupted protection from mosquitoes.
Q: When is the best time to start spraying for mosquitoes?
A: Mosquitoes are generally most active during the warmer weather, usually from April through September. The sooner you begin mosquito spraying, the sooner you can have a reliable and long-lasting barrier to protect your home from mosquitoes.
Q: Will the rain interfere with my barrier?
A: We mix Rain Shield into our spray solution, and this specially formulated substance ensures the spray holds even during light to moderate rain.
Choose the Best Available Mosquito Spraying Solution
At Mosquito Shield, our talented team has the tools and experience necessary to provide you with long-lasting relief from mosquitoes for the entire season. Contact us today to learn more about our service, and schedule your first visit from one of our technicians.