Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Important Facts about Tick Prevention in Portage
Ticks are much more than simple pests. They are potentially dangerous external parasites that feed on the blood of people and animals. While doing this, ticks can easily spread very serious diseases like anaplasmosis, Powassan virus disease, Lyme disease, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. These diseases can lead to long-term medical complications and expensive treatments. Instead of being reactive when it comes to ticks, be proactive and invest wisely by choosing tick prevention in Portage. In this way, you can keep these issues from occurring in the first place.
If you want to get rid of any tick colonies living around your home and create a barrier that prevents other ticks from entering your property, this is all possible with Tick Shield. Our team offers functional tick prevention in Portage in the form of a specialized spray solution that kills ticks and prevents any more of them from invading your outdoor space.
How Does Tick Shield Work?
When it comes to tick prevention in Portage, our Tick Shield system is simple yet effective. Single ticks are very hard to spot with the naked eye, but our technicians know how to identify the areas where ticks like to colonize and have the tools to swiftly eliminate them. The spray we use for ticks kills them on contact while also creating a barrier that discourages other ticks from moving into your property.
Many ticks find their way into residential spaces by riding in the hair of other animals, such as cats, dogs, rabbits, and deer. If you see any kind of wildlife on your property on a regular basis, it’s probable that some of these animals are carrying ticks that may drop into your grass and try to establish colonies.
Dealing with a tick infestation can be a very stressful ordeal, so it’s better to prevent them from showing up at all. Our tick prevention in Portage is one of the best ways to keep your family and pets free from potential tick bites.
Tick Prevention Best Practices
Tick Shield can offer reliable tick prevention for Portage homeowners, covering their properties in a tested-effective spray that keeps ticks from setting up shop near their homes. However, many Portage residents enjoy spending time outdoors away from their homes. While ticks like to make their way into residential properties by hitching rides on wildlife, they may also invade by attaching to humans’ clothing. You can keep ticks off of you and prevent dragging them onto your property with a few best practices:
- Wear light colors. Ticks are mostly dark colored, so they can blend into dark clothing very easily. If you plan to go outdoors in areas where ticks may be lurking, wear light colors so you can identify them and remove them quickly if they happen to land on your clothes.
- Choose loose-fitting long-sleeved clothes. Ideally, you should try minimizing skin exposure as much as possible if you’re going to spend time outdoors away from your home. Long sleeves will make it much more difficult for ticks to find their way to your skin and bite you.
- Use the right bug repellent. Insect repellent can be helpful to people who wish to avoid contact with ticks outside of their home. When it comes to choosing a bug spray for tick prevention in Portage, be sure to use one fortified with DEET, and reapply it as the product instructions recommend.
Tick prevention in Portage is vital to ensure your family and pets do not experience any tick bites while spending time outside. If you want to remove ticks living around your home and ensure that your property remains free from these annoying intruders, Tick Shield can help. Contact Tick Shield today to schedule your first appointment for tick prevention in Portage.