Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
How Can You Repel Mosquitoes in Vicksburg?
Every year, thousands of Americans excitedly await the change of seasons that brings sunshine, fresh air, and the opportunity for endless hours spent enjoying the outdoors. However, those summer plans can quickly derail with the arrival of one of the animal kingdom’s most annoying creatures – mosquitoes. Repel mosquitoes from your Vicksburg property with help from Mosquito Shield. In an attempt to shield your family from these pests, you’ve likely tried countless store-bought mosquito repellants, including citronella candles and sprays for both your body and your property. Unfortunately, these efforts provide only short-term relief at best.
For an effective, long-lasting solution to your mosquito problem, you need a comprehensive plan to repel mosquitoes. Vicksburg residents have trusted Mosquito Shield for almost 20 years to kill these pests and prevent them from returning. If you’re sick of spending money on products that fall well below your expectations, you’re ready to invest in Mosquito Shield. Our unique, three-pronged approach provides relief within a mere 24 hours of your first spray treatment, and a schedule of return visits ensures your summer will be enjoyed without the constant threat of mosquitoes.
Repel Mosquitoes in Vicksburg to Avoid Potential Illness
We know mosquito bites are itchy and painful, but they also carry the threat of several diseases. Among the most severe of these mosquito-borne illnesses are West Nile virus, and Zika virus. Invest in protection and repel mosquitoes in Vicksburg to prevent the spread of:
- West Nile virus: This virus is carried to humans via mosquitoes who have bitten infected birds. Most cases are mild, with around one in five people developing symptoms. However, in one of 150 cases, this infection causes severe illness that attacks the central nervous system, such as encephalitis or meningitis. Even among people treated successfully for the virus, neurological damage can be permanent. West Nile virus has been found in every US state except for Alaska.
- Zika virus: Most people infected with this flavivirus will have mild or no symptoms, but Zika is most dangerous among pregnant women. Infection can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, brain defects, or a condition known as microencephaly, in which a baby’s brain does not develop properly, causing the head to be much smaller than normal. This results in life-long developmental delays and intellectual disabilities, and some cases are fatal.
According to experts, the best way to prevent diseases like these is to avoid mosquito bites. Vicksburg residents can repel mosquitoes by committing to a program from Mosquito Shield.
How Mosquito Shield Repels Mosquitoes in Vicksburg
Our three-pronged approach does more than just eliminate the existing mosquito population – it makes it impossible for mosquitoes to find you and prevents them from returning.
- Mask: Trained technicians use specialized equipment to spray a combination of EPA-registered control products with our own custom blend of all-natural oils. This product masks the carbon dioxide you exhale, which is what attracts mosquitoes in the first place. It also irritates their senses, driving them away to find another food source.
- Kill: Technicians are trained to evaluate your property for common mosquito breeding grounds. We also consult specific mosquito populations and weather patterns to determine a precise application of our product. This allows us to kill all mosquitoes within the treated area using the least amount of product necessary.
- Repel: Our product creates a barrier that adheres to almost any surface. Regular applications strengthen this barrier, blocking mosquitoes from your property.
Call us today to schedule an appointment to repel mosquitoes on your Vicksburg property. Would you like to spend the summer months relaxing in your backyard, instead of fighting swarms of disease-causing pests? Our process is quick, easy, and leads to long-lasting results. We are confident there is no better way to repel mosquitoes. Vicksburg residents have trusted our experience and expertise for almost two decades.