Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Benefits of Tick Spraying in St. Joseph
Ticks are unlike most of the pests you might find around your home. They are parasitic arachnids that carry very serious diseases like Lyme disease, anaplasmosis, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Contracting one of these illnesses can lead to significant medical issues, some of which could last the rest of your life. Instead of spending your money on expensive medical treatment for these diseases, consider investing in tick spraying in St. Joseph to prevent ticks from living around your home and biting you or your loved ones.
Our tick spraying is a simple but effective treatment for your St. Joseph property that eradicates the ticks already living around your home. Tick Shield’s treatment also establishes an invisible barrier around your property that will prevent more ticks from entering in the future. If you want to keep your family and your pets away from ticks, Tick Shield can help.
Effective Tick Control for St. Joseph Yards
If you want to prevent tick bites on your property, you need to know how ticks function. They are very small, and difficult to spot even when fully mature. Ticks look for warm-blooded creatures to bite so they can feed on their blood. In doing so, they can transmit serious diseases. One of the most dangerous aspects of a tick bite is that it may not be immediately obvious. The tick bite may not be painful or in an easily visible spot, and it’s possible for a person to suffer a tick bite and not realize it for several hours.
Tick spraying in St. Joseph makes it much harder for ticks to establish colonies near your home. Many ticks make their way into residential properties in the St. Joseph area by riding on the coats of other animals like dogs, rabbits, rodents, birds, and deer. If you see wildlife around your home, some of these animals may be unintentionally carrying ticks and dropping them around your property. Our tick spraying in St. Joseph eradicates ticks very quickly and prevents them from returning.
Extra Tips to Prevent Tick Bites
Tick Shield can provide lasting protection for your whole property against ticks, but you probably enjoy spending time outside away from your home as well. If you plan on hiking through a state park, visiting a wooded campground, or walking nature trails around your area, you should follow a few best practices to limit your risk of sustaining tick bites:
- Avoid wearing dark colors outdoors. Ticks mostly have dark colored bodies, so they can blend easily when they drop onto dark colored clothing. Wear light colors if you spend time outdoors so you can easily spot ticks that land on your clothing.
- Avoid short sleeves and exposed skin. Weather permitting, you should try to avoid having too much skin exposed when you spend time outdoors. Wear long sleeved and loose-fitting clothing so you can stay comfortable while also protecting yourself from ticks.
- Address tick bites immediately. If you notice a tick has bitten you or someone else, stop and take care of the problem as soon as possible. Use fine-tipped tweezers to grasp the tick across its entire body as close to the skin as possible and pull it straight out. This may be difficult and possibly a little painful as ticks can easily burrow into the skin. However, if you pull it out incorrectly, the tick’s mouth parts may remain in the skin. After removal, sterilize the wound with alcohol and store the tick, so you can have it sent for testing if you have concerns about disease.
- If you can, wear insect repellent with DEET. Some people cannot tolerate topical bug repellents due to their tendency to irritate the skin, but these products can help prevent tick bites if you spend time outdoors away from your home.
Implementing these tips can help when you’re away from the home. However, when you are home, Tick Shield can help you maintain lasting protection against ticks for your whole property. If you’re ready to enjoy spending time outside with peace of mind and freedom from ticks, contact Tick Shield to schedule tick spraying in St. Joseph today.