If you’re tired of contending with annoying mosquitoes every time you go outside your home, have you considering mosquito spraying? Portage, MI homeowners often deal with mosquitoes throughout the warmer months, from early spring through late fall, typically until the temperature dips below 50 degrees. Until then, homeowners often contend with annoying mosquitoes that can cause itchy bites and spread diseases. The Mosquito Shield service offers the best way to kill mosquitoes and to prevent more from entering your property and proliferating.
Things to Know About Mosquito Spraying in Portage, MI
Many people rely on cumbersome and ineffective methods for controlling mosquitoes, such as citronella candles and torches, insect repellant sprays, or even mosquito netting. However, these methods may only offer temporary relief for a small area of the outdoors around your home. Citronella candles have small range and only repel mosquitoes to a certain extent, and insect repellant requires consistent reapplications and often carries an unpleasant odor and a greasy feeling on the skin. For all of these methods, the results are variable.
Mosquito Shield offers a better way to solve the mosquito problem on your property with our highly effective mosquito spraying. Portage homeowners no longer need to worry about itchy, aggravating bites. Our spray can kill mosquitoes that carry infectious diseases like West Nile Virus, Zika, malaria, and Yellow Fever.
Our Process for Mosquito Spraying in Portage
When you sign up for the Mosquito Shield service, one of our vector-trained technicians will arrive to meet with you within a few business days. Your technician will inspect your property and locate the most likely breeding grounds for mosquitoes around your home and answer any questions you might have about the process.
Mosquito Shield involves a three-pronged attack against the mosquito population around your home:
- First, we perform a CO2 masking procedure that makes it difficult for the mosquitoes living around your home to detect the CO2 you exhale. CO2 exhalation is how female mosquitoes locate warm-blooded creatures to bite. Female mosquitoes require blood nutrients to produce eggs. If you notice a mosquito bite, you can assume your blood just became fuel for a female mosquito to breed even more mosquitoes!
- The second step is to establish your mosquito barrier using our proprietary blend of chemicals. We use FlexBlend technology to ensure the spray adheres to every organic surface around your property, and our Rain Shield additive ensures the spray can withstand light to moderate rain. Your Mosquito Shield technician will spray the grass, foliage, walking paths, trees, and other organic surfaces around your home to create an invisible vertical barrier against mosquitoes.
- The third step in the Mosquito Shield service is maintenance with regular reapplications of the spray. Our team actively monitors weather and mosquito populations in our service areas to determine optimal respraying times.
We are confident that, after just one treatment, you will recognize the value and efficacy of the Mosquito Shield service. Most of our customers notice a significant decline in mosquito activity around their homes within the first 24 hours of their first appointments.
Choose the Best Provider for Mosquito Spraying in Portage
Other mosquito spraying services cannot match the effectiveness and reliability of the Mosquito Shield service. We offer our customers in Portage and throughout all of our service areas consistent monitoring services to notify them of the best times for resprays and can provide tips for individual properties with unique concerns, such as heavily wooded or waterfront properties, which tend to see the most mosquito activity.
Mosquito Shield can help prevent you, your family, your pets, and your guests from suffering itchy, annoying, and potentially dangerous mosquito bites with an effective and reliable system that grows stronger with every reapplication. If you are ready to rid your property of mosquitoes and keep them gone, your best option is mosquito spraying. Portage homeowners can call Mosquito Shield for more information or to schedule a first appointment.
More About Our Approach
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.