Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Have you tried conventional mosquito treatments like scented candles, electric bug lanterns, and unpleasant-smelling bug repellents only to find, at best, unreliable relief? At Mosquito Shield, we provide Rogers residents with top quality mosquito control services.
Mosquitoes are certainly irritating. They can cause itchy bites that persist for several days. What’s worse is they can carry diseases like West Nile virus and EEE. It’s a good idea to stay away from mosquitoes whenever you spend time outdoors, but it can be difficult to determine the best way to do this. If it feels like your property is constantly swarming with these pests, Mosquito Shield offers an effective three-step process for eliminating mosquitoes around your home and keeping them gone.
Discover Our Reliable Shakopee Mosquito Control
Are you looking for a better answer when it comes to mosquito control in your area? Are you tired of ineffective DIY methods that ultimately prove to be a waste of your time and money? At Mosquito Shield, our team has the training, tools, and experience to help you get rid of the mosquitoes around your home and keep them gone. With the help of our mosquito spraying service, you and your friends, family, and pets can get back to enjoying the outdoors around your home in peace.
Mosquitoes are not just annoying insects that cause itchy, aggravating bites. They also have the potential to carry diseases like EEE virus, and they can pose a serious threat to people and certain pets. If you are a Shakopee homeowner who wants to get rid of mosquitoes and prevent them from returning all summer long, Mosquito Shield can help.
How Does the Mosquito Shield System Work for Mosquito Control Near Me in Shakopee?
Unlike most conventional treatments that only offer a single vector of protection against mosquitoes, the Mosquito Shield system is a three-step approach to mosquito control that works quickly and keeps working.
- When you call Mosquito Shield for spraying service, your vector-trained technician will arrive at a time that’s convenient for you and conduct an inspection of your property. This helps us determine the highest risk areas around your home and which areas are most likely to attract mosquitoes.
- The first step in the Mosquito Shield treatment is CO2 masking. This process effectively hides you, your family, and your pets from female mosquitoes. These creatures detect prey to bite by the CO2 they emit, and the CO2 masking process disorients them.
- The second step is spraying our patented spray mixed with Rain Shield around your property. This spray adheres to the organic surfaces around your property such as grass and trees; it also adheres to decking, walking paths, garden areas, and patio spaces to create a strong vertical barrier around your home. Your technician will kill the mosquitoes already living on your property and create a barrier to prevent others from returning.
- Finally, your Mosquito Shield treatment ends with maintenance. We return to our Shakopee customers for maintenance sprays every few weeks. Each treatment makes the mosquito barrier stronger, ensuring long-lasting protection.
This system ensures long-lasting protection from mosquitoes. Our spray prevents them from landing and nesting around your home and kills the existing mosquito populations on your property.
Common Questions About Our Mosquito Control
The team at Mosquito Shield has the tools, technology, and training to provide long-lasting mosquito control in Shakopee, MN. The following frequently asked questions may help you make a more informed decision when it comes to choosing a mosquito control solution:
Q: How soon will I see results?
A: Most of our customers report results in as little as 24 hours following a first treatment. Our spray works quickly and continues to work at an improved rate after every maintenance application.
Q: How often will I need maintenance applications?
A: We typically recommend maintenance sprays every few weeks, depending on the type of property you own. This could change due to a variety of factors, such as being located near a small body of water.
Q: When should I start my Mosquito Shield treatment?
A: The sooner you schedule your first spray, the sooner you can enjoy the outdoors again with peace of mind. Mosquitoes are usually most active during the warmer months, so plan ahead and have a barrier that is as strong as possible during the height of mosquito season.
The Mosquito Shield team is happy to answer any other questions you might have about mosquito control. Contact us today for more information. Schedule your first treatment from one of our professional technicians today.