Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Expert Mosquito Control in Prior Lake, MN
Are you looking for mosquito control in Prior Lake but are having trouble figuring out which solution would be best for your property? It’s common for many homeowners to try bug lanterns, tiki torches, citronella candles, and topical bug repellents to keep mosquitoes away, but these products can only do so much. Typically, they offer a few hours of relief at most, and many don’t work at all.
It is important to keep mosquitoes away from you when you spend time outdoors, but it can feel next to impossible when your property is swarming with mosquitoes. Mosquito Shield’s three-pronged approach to mosquito control provides superior results compared to what any conventional treatment can offer.
Our Unique Mosquito Control Process
Instead of wasting time and money on typical mosquito treatments, trust Mosquito Shield to provide a three-step system that actually works. When you call Mosquito Shield in Prior Lake to arrange service, your vector-trained technician will arrive at a time that’s convenient for you to explain the treatment’s three steps:
First, your technician will perform a CO2 masking procedure around your home. This will confuse and disorient the mosquitoes living around your home and make it much harder for them to bite you. Female mosquitoes, the ones that bite, detect their targets by the CO2 they emit, and CO2 masking will hide you from them while the next steps of our process come into action.
The second phase of the Mosquito Shield system is spraying around your home, targeting organic surfaces and the places mosquitoes tend to breed and congregate the most. The Mosquito Shield spray eliminates mosquitoes and their eggs on contact, and it generates an invisible vertical barrier around your home that will continue to repel mosquitoes for months to come.
The final step of the Mosquito Shield process is maintenance. Our team closely monitors local weather patterns and mosquito activity in the Prior Lake area, and this helps us determine the best times to schedule maintenance treatments for our customers. Every treatment makes your mosquito barrier stronger.
More Information About Our Prior Lake Mosquito Control
We want to provide our Prior Lake customers with as much information as possible about their options. If you’re looking for a new mosquito control solution and think we might be the right one for you and your property, keep a few things in mind:
- Our spray works quickly. It will adhere to organic surfaces in as little as 10 minutes, so you can get back to enjoying the outdoors as soon as possible.
- You’ll notice results fast. Most of our Prior Lake customers notice substantially less mosquito activity in just the first 24 hours following treatment.
- You don’t need to worry about the rain washing away our spray. We use Rain Shield to ensure the spray adheres properly in light to moderate rain, and we can recommend a solution following very heavy rainstorms.
- Your barrier gets stronger with every treatment. The sooner you schedule your first Mosquito Shield treatment, the sooner you can return to enjoying the outdoors in peace.
At Mosquito Shield, we are proud to offer mosquito control services of the highest quality. Don’t waste any more time and money on trying conventional mosquito repellents that don’t last. Our system works, and you’ll notice results almost immediately. Contact us today for more information!