Mosquito Shield can also protect your backyard with tick spraying. Hopkinton homeowners need this service more than ever as the tick population has increased at an alarmingly high rate. Ticks can usually be found in wooded or high-grass areas, but they can live in any backyard with grass, shrubbery or leaves on the ground. Ticks can transmit Lyme disease to both dogs and humans, so don’t take a chance this season; call on us for tick spraying. Hopkinton homeowners deserve peace of mind while enjoying the great outdoors.
Our Approach to Tick Spraying Hopkinton Properties
Peak tick activity occurs from spring to fall. Our licensed tick control specialists can protect you all season long with tick spraying. Hopkinton customers will work with our tick control specialists to form a strategy that eradicates current tick infestations and prevents new tick colonies from forming. With our tick spraying, Hopkinton homeowners will receive treatments every two weeks. We use an effective barrier treatment for tick spraying Hopkinton properties that does double duty against ticks and gets stronger as tick season progresses.
Additional Tick Protection Tips for Tick Spraying Hopkinton Homeowners
Professional tick control through tick spraying in Hopkinton is recommended, but besides tick spraying, Hopkinton homeowners can take these preventative measures:
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants, even when it’s warm out, and especially if you’re in a wooded area that hasn’t received tick spraying. Hopkinton residents should cover their arms and legs and tuck in their shirts, and even tuck their socks into their pants to keep ticks off their skin.
- Wear light-colored clothes while outdoors, whether or not your property is receiving tick spraying. Hopkinton homeowners in lighter clothes will have an easier time seeing ticks on their clothes before the ticks move to the skin.
- Even if your yard is receiving tick spraying, Hopkinton residents should wear bug spray outdoors.
- Talk to your vet about protecting your beloved pups from ticks, fleas and heartworms.
- Shower or bathe immediately after you’ve been in a wooded, grassy area that could be home to ticks. Frequent grooming will help protect against ticks along with tick spraying Hopkinton
Tick Spraying Hopkinton Homes Protects Against Tick-Borne Diseases
Ticks are parasites that feed on mammals, primarily people, dogs, cats and deer—warm-blooded hosts. Besides Lyme disease, ticks also carry Ehrlichiosis, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and they can carry other co-bacterial infections. In the northeast, deer ticks are a prevalent tick that carry Lyme disease, making it critical to get tick spraying. Hopkinton and all southern Massachusetts homeowners should consider contacting us for tick spraying. Hopkinton homeowners shouldn’t have to worry about disease while enjoying the great outdoors!
Common Questions About Ticks Before Tick Spraying Hopkinton Homes
Our licensed technicians are experts at understanding tick behavior as well as tick spraying. Hopkinton homeowners, consider these common questions and fact about ticks if considering us for tick spraying your Hopkinton home:
- Ticks can’t jump or fly; they only crawl. Ticks often stalk their potential hosts and then latch on when the host gets close enough.
- Ticks detect both heat emissions and carbon dioxide emissions from a potential host. Thankfully, masking carbon dioxide is a part of our tick spraying. Hopkinton homeowners can literally breathe easier!
- There’s a very specific way to remove a tick that’s latched onto your body. Don’t squash or squeeze the tick, or try heating it with matches, pouring alcohol on it, or covering it with petroleum jelly. Instead, use tweezers or a tick puller to gently pull the tick out by the head. Don’t twist the tick while pulling it out.
- Once removed, drop the tick in a container of rubbing alcohol to kill it. Don’t flush it down the toilet, and don’t squish the tick either—squishing the tick can transmit diseases.
Comprehensive Mosquito and Tick Spraying Hopkinton Homeowners Can Use
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick spraying. Hopkinton homeowners who use us for both spraying services will get a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control. When it comes to tick spraying Hopkinton, give Mosquito Shield a call at (508) 556-4634.