On top of mosquito treatment, Mosquito Shield can also control your backyard with tick spraying. Foxboro homeowners need this service more than ever as the tick population has increased at an alarmingly high rate. Ticks are typically found in wooded or high-grass areas, but they can live in any backyard with grass, shrubbery or leaves on the ground. Ticks can transmit Lyme disease to both animals and humans, so don’t take a chance this season; call on us for tick spraying. Foxboro homeowners deserve peace of mind while enjoying the outdoors.
Our Approach to Tick Spraying Foxboro Properties
Peak tick activity occurs from spring through fall. Our licensed tick control specialists are there for you through all of peak season with tick spraying. Foxboro customers will work with our tick control specialists to form a strategy that eradicates current tick infestations and prevents new tick colonies from forming. With our tick spraying, Foxboro homeowners will receive treatments every two weeks. We use an effective barrier treatment for tick spraying Foxboro properties that does double duty against ticks and gets stronger as tick season progresses.
Additional Tick Control Tips for Tick Spraying Foxboro Homeowners
Professional tick control through tick spraying in Foxboro is recommended, but besides tick spraying, Foxboro homeowners can take these preventative measures:
- When outdoors, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants, especially if you’re in a wooded area that hasn’t received tick spraying. Foxboro residents should cover their arms and legs and tuck in their shirts, and even tuck their socks into their pants to keep ticks off their skin.
- Make sure your clothes are light-colored while outdoors, even if your property is receiving tick spraying. Foxboro homeowners in lighter clothes will have an easier time seeing ticks on their clothes before the ticks move to the skin.
- Even if your yard is receiving tick spraying, Foxboro residents should wear bug spray outdoors.
- Talk to your vet about protecting your beloved pups and kitties from ticks, fleas and heartworms.
- Bathe immediately after you’ve been in a wooded, grassy area that could have ticks. Frequent grooming will help stop ticks along with tick spraying Foxboro.
Tick Spraying Foxboro Homes Helps Control Tick-Borne Diseases
Ticks are parasites that feed on mammals like people, dogs, cats and deer—any warm-blooded hosts. Most known for carrying Lyme disease, ticks also carry Ehrlichiosis, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and other co-bacterial infections. In the northeast, deer ticks are a prevalent tick that carry Lyme disease, making it all the more important to get tick spraying. Foxboro and all southern Massachusetts homeowners should consider contacting us for tick spraying. Foxboro homeowners shouldn’t have to worry about disease while enjoying the great outdoors!
Common Questions About Ticks Before Tick Spraying Foxboro Homes
Our licensed technicians are the experts when it comes to understanding tick behavior as well as tick spraying. Foxboro homeowners, consider these common questions and fact about ticks if considering us for tick spraying your Foxboro home:
- Ticks don’t jump or fly, only crawl. Ticks frequently stalk potential hosts and then latch on when the host gets close enough.
- Ticks can detect either heat emissions or carbon dioxide emissions from a potential host. Thankfully, we’ve made masking carbon dioxide a big part of our tick spraying. Foxboro homeowners can literally breathe easier!
- You can remove a tick from your body, but in a very specific way. Don’t try to squash or squeeze the ticket, or try heating them with matches, pouring alcohol or covering them with petroleum jelly. Use tweezers or a tick puller to gently pull the tick out by the head. Don’t twist the tick while pulling.
- Once removed, drop the tick in rubbing alcohol to kill it. Don’t flush it down the toilet, and don’t squish the tick either—squishing the tick can transmit diseases.
Comprehensive Mosquito and Tick Spraying Foxboro Homeowners Can Use
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick spraying. Foxboro homeowners who use us for both spraying services will get a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitoes and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitoes and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitoes and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control. To learn more about our tick spraying Foxboro, give us a call at 800-908-7076.