Mosquitoes can easily disrupt your time spent outside. They buzz around, cause itchy bites, and some even spread serious diseases. While bug spray and specially scented candles and torches may help during a camping trip, you need more robust protection for your home. Mosquito spraying in York from Mosquito Shield offers much better results at a great value. Store-bought products tend to only work for a limited time in small areas, but Mosquito Shield’s mosquito spraying in York can protect your entire home all mosquito season long.
The mosquito season typically lasts from April until September, and this is also the time of year when the weather is nicest, and you likely want to spend time outdoors. If you’re tired of mosquitoes interrupting your plans and bothering you as you mow your lawn and try to enjoy gatherings outdoors, Mosquito Shield can help thanks to our proven effective three-step plan for mosquito spraying in York.
A Tested Three-Step System for Mosquito Spraying in York
Unlike typical mosquito control products, the Mosquito Shield system for mosquito spraying in York aims for complete property coverage. You shouldn’t need to feel like you have to cover yourself in bug spray just to step into your backyard. When you contact Mosquito Shield for help, one of our vector-trained technicians will assess the mosquito season around your home and perform three straightforward steps to get rid of the mosquitoes on your property and keep them gone:
- First, your technician will help reduce the occurrence of mosquito bites around your home. Female mosquitoes locate people and animals to bite by sensing the carbon dioxide they exhale. Your technician will perform a procedure known as CO2 masking, which effectively disorients mosquitoes and makes it more difficult for them to bite.
- Second, your technician will apply our specially formulated spray solution around your home. We developed this spray to work fast and keep working, far outperforming the best options for mosquito control available from a local store. Our mosquito spraying in York adheres to organic surfaces like wood, grass, and plants around your yard, killing mosquitoes and creating a vertical barrier that prevents more mosquitoes from flying into your property and making themselves at home.
- Third, the Mosquito Shield team will continue tracking weather and mosquito activity in the York area so we can determine the best times to spray and provide maintenance applications to our customers. We normally visit our customers every 10 to 17 days for reapplication, and every additional layer of our spray makes your mosquito barrier stronger.
This simple yet effective system protects your whole property, not just a small part. It also ensures complete season-long protection while most conventional products may last a few hours at best.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About Our Mosquito Spraying in York
When you need a solution to mosquitoes around your property, you want one that really works. We aim to provide as much information as possible about our mosquito spraying in York, so consider a few of the most common questions we hear about our service to make an informed decision.
Q: How fast does your spray work?
A: We’re happy to report that most of the customers who come to us for mosquito spraying in York report great results within 24 hours of their first treatments.
Q: How long will your spray last?
A: Part of the reason our system is so effective is the season-long support we provide. One of our technicians will visit your property every 10 to 17 days for reapplication to ensure a consistently reliable barrier.
Q: Won’t the rain just wash away my barrier?
A: Mosquito Shield includes Rain Shield in our mosquito spray. This substance ensures the spray keeps working even during light to moderate rain.
The team at Mosquito Shield is certain that if you trust us for mosquito spraying in York, you’ll recognize the value our service provides after just one treatment. We want to help you get rid of mosquitoes and keep them gone. Contact the Mosquito Shield team today for more details about mosquito spraying in York and schedule your first treatment with one of our technicians.
More About Our Approach
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.