Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Benefits of Mosquito Spraying in Grafton
Mosquitoes are one of central Massachusetts’ most annoying pests. If you’ve spent countless hours at your local big box store, searching for a miracle solution to rid your property of these biting insects, you’re not alone. More and more Grafton-area residents are discovering just how ineffective these temporary mosquito control products really are. While solutions such as citronella candles and personal bug spray can help while you’re hiking or on a picnic, you need a much more long-term solution when it comes to your property.
Why opt for mosquito spraying? Mosquitoes are much more than an annoying pest that causes itchy bites—these insects can carry serious diseases like malaria, West Nile, and Dengue fever. If you find swarms of mosquitoes attacking you every time you exit your home, you could be putting your family at risk. Fortunately, Mosquito Shield provides a robust solution for mosquito spraying Grafton residents can count on.
Mosquito Spraying— Grafton Residents’ Preferred Solution
While searching for “mosquito spraying near me,” Grafton residents are often tempted to continue to pursue the DIY spraying methods found on the shelves of countless retailers. However, returning to the store to waste money on yet another failed DIY mosquito prevention method is an all too common scenario. Sadly, these store-bought mosquito control methods are widely ineffective, unreliable, and their monetary costs can add up quickly.
Meanwhile, localized efforts like citronella candles and torches may prevent mosquitoes from biting temporarily. However, in the far reaches of your property, mosquitoes continue to breed and multiply. As soon as you extinguish your candle, the hordes will return.
In contrast, Mosquito Shield’s proven-effective mosquito spray targets mosquitoes and and keeps them away all season long. In fact, we designed our spray to cling to organic material without harming it, providing lasting mosquito control. With proper maintenance, our process will continue to prevent mosquitoes from infiltrating your property for good.
Mosquito Shield’s Three-Step Process
To provide you with continuous mosquito control, Mosquito Shield has developed a three-step solution. Steps include:
- CO2 masking. Before mosquito spraying, Grafton technicians will provide a CO2 masking technique designed to prevent mosquito bites on your property. Female mosquitoes track their prey based on the carbon dioxide humans and animals emit. By masking these CO2 emissions, Mosquito Shield confuses biting mosquitoes and prevents bites.
- Mosquito spraying. Grafton technicians will then spray your property with our patented mosquito treatment spray, killing mosquitoes on contact. This spray will then adhere to the organic surfaces on your property, forming an invisible shield against further mosquito infestation.
- Continued maintenance. After your initial treatment, our Grafton team will continue to reapply mosquito spray as often as necessary. For most clients, reapplication will occur within a 10- to 17-day window for optimal mosquito prevention. Each application refreshes and increases the protection on your property.
What to Expect from Mosquito Shield
While our product begins drying immediately upon application, you’ll need to wait about 10 minutes after your appointment before venturing outside. Our spray kills on contact and continues to destroy mosquitoes throughout its life; most clients notice a significant reduction in mosquito numbers within about 24 hours. In fact, our patented mosquito spray strengthens as it rests on your organic material, providing protection that drastically outlasts that of common DIY products.
If the area experiences unfavorable weather after your initial application, don’t worry—we apply Rain Shield right along with your mosquito prevention spray so it will last throughout a light to moderate rain shower. Moving forward, we’ll continue to monitor the local weather patterns and mosquito populations to determine the best time for reapplication, ensuring your mosquito prevention remains as strong as possible. With proper maintenance, your invisible mosquito barrier will continue to prevent mosquitoes from infiltrating your property for months to come.
Get in Touch with Us Now
If you’re ready to learn more about our mosquito spraying services in Grafton, reach out at your earliest convenience. Our technicians can answer any questions you may have and assist you in scheduling your first appointment. Call today and get on your way to a mosquito-free property.