Ticks are some of the most problematic insects you can have on your property. They are not only dangerous due to the fact that they can easily spread diseases like Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever, but they are also incredibly difficult to spot due to their small size. Ticks can be as small as poppy seeds and even fully grown engorged adult ticks could be no bigger than a small grain of rice. Protecting yourself and your property with tick spraying in West Orange is the best available defense against ticks.
Ticks are small parasitic arachnids that feed on the blood of warm-blooded creatures like humans, cats, dogs, birds, deer, and rodents. They can make their way into your property by attaching to animals and dropping into your yard, eventually creating a colony that can cause serious problems for everyone in your home. Ticks can be just as dangerous to your pets as they are to you, so it’s important to have some kind of defense in place with tick spraying in West Orange from Tick Shield.
The Benefits of Tick Spraying in West Orange
Most of the conventional bug sprays available do little to prevent ticks from attacking you. Bug sprays that contain DEET are somewhat effective, but they are not foolproof defenses against these nasty little creatures. While you should use bug spray and follow a few best practices when traveling outside of your property to protect yourself from ticks, tick spraying in West Orange can provide more robust defense for your own backyard.
When you spend time outdoors away from your home, you should keep a few simple tips in mind to prevent tick bites:
- Wear light-colored clothing. Most ticks are darkly colored and will blend in easily against a dark background. If you wear lighter colors, it will be much easier to spot ticks that land on you before they can bite.
- Avoid short sleeves and short pants if possible. As long as the weather permits, try to wear long sleeves and long pants when you venture outdoors in areas where ticks may be lurking. Minimizing your exposed skin can reduce your chances of sustaining a tick bite.
- Supervise children and pets carefully. If you go outdoors to a state park or nature trail with your children and your dog, make sure they do not go wandering into the brush. Keep them close and make sure to check their hair thoroughly when you get home.
- Wear bug spray with DEET when outdoors away from your home. Again, this is not a foolproof defense, but it can help reduce your chances of suffering a tick bite away from your home.
- If you or a loved one suffer a tick bite and you locate the tick on the skin, remove it completely using fine tweezers, grasping as close to the skin as possible across the whole body of the tick. Do not twist, as this could cause the tick’s mouth parts to detach from the tick and remain in the skin. Kill the tick by wrapping it in tape and throwing it away or flushing it down the toilet. If you’re concerned about disease, you can save it in a baggie and have it tested.
These tips can hopefully minimize the chances of you or a loved one sustaining tick bites, but tick spraying in West Orange offers the best method to defend your home against ticks.
Why Choose Tick Spraying in West Orange From Tick Shield?
Tick Shield created a specialized spray solution that kills ticks, disrupts their colonies, and discourages more ticks from entering your property. One of the most common ways for a tick to make its way into your yard is by hitching a ride on another animal such as a deer or dog. After our treatment, ticks will want to avoid your property as much as possible. If you want the most robust defense against ticks possible, Tick Shield has you covered with tick spraying in West Orange. Contact us today for more information about our services.
More About Our Approach
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.