Ticks are tiny parasitic arachnids that cause big problems. It’s common for them to make their way into private properties by hitching rides on wildlife like deer, birds, and rodents, and tick colonies can spring up very quickly with little warning. Ticks are notorious for spreading infectious diseases like Lyme disease, and one of the worst things about them is how small they are and how hard it can be to notice them.
Tick spraying in Naperville, IL, can help to protect your family from ticks. While you may enjoy spending time outside away from your home, and conventional bug repellent with DEET may help minimize your chances of suffering a tick bite while out and about, it’s a very good idea to invest in more robust protection for your home.
What Does Tick Spraying in Naperville, IL, Provide?
You shouldn’t need to apply foul-smelling DEET bug spray every time you step into your yard. Tick spraying in Naperville, IL, can help you enjoy the outdoors on your property with peace of mind, and Tick Shield’s system is proven effective. Our highly trained technicians provide professional tick spraying in Naperville, IL, that kills ticks, disrupts their colonies, and discourages more from entering a property.
While conventional store-bought insect repellents may work for some pests, ticks are very resistant to many typical repellents. The only topical bug repellents that may offer relief are those made with DEET, and most people find DEET to have an unpleasant smell. This type of protection may help in limited capacities when you’re outside of the home, but tick spraying in Naperville, IL, offers the best protection for your personal property.
Best Practices and the Benefits of Tick Spraying in Naperville, IL
If you’re going to spend time outside, a few simple practices can help you minimize your chances of suffering tick bites:
- Wear light-colored clothing. If a tick lands on your clothing, it will be much easier to see if you’re wearing brightly colored clothes. Most ticks are darker colors, such as black, brown, and dark red, so they can easily blend into darker colored clothing. Lighter colors can help you spot ticks before they make their way to your skin and bite you.
- Avoid exposed skin as much as possible. If the weather permits, try to wear loose, comfortable clothing with long pants and long sleeves. Exposed skin is like a buffet to a tick, so you want to make it as hard as possible for one to bite you by minimizing exposed skin.
- Address tick bites immediately and get the tick tested, if possible. If you find a tick embedded in your skin, it’s vital to remove it completely and as quickly as possible. Make sure you remove it properly or you risk the mouth parts separating from the tick and remaining in the skin. Grasp the tick with tweezers across the entire body as close to the skin as possible and lift it out. Save the tick in a baggie or another small airtight receptacle to have it tested if you are concerned about disease and clean the bite area thoroughly with alcohol.
These tips can help if you spend a lot of time outdoors away from your home, but tick spraying in Naperville, IL, is the best method of protecting your home. Tick Shield offers a reliable system that ensures the best possible protection for your property, making your home the safe haven from ticks that it should be.
Trust Tick Shield’s Tick Spraying in Naperville, IL, for Long-Lasting Protection
Tick Shield offers tick spraying to Naperville, IL, homeowners to eliminate ticks from their properties and keep them gone. Ticks can carry Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and many other infectious diseases that can harm people and pets. The best way to protect yourself is to keep ticks as far away from you as possible, and tick spraying in Naperville can help. Contact Tick Shield today for more information about tick spraying in Naperville, IL.
More About Our Approach
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.