Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Mosquito Control Near Me Plymouth, MN
If you need mosquito control and are tired of conventional treatments that might only provide a few hours of minimal relief, Mosquito Shield has a solution for you. Instead of fumbling with citronella candles, bug sprays, and electric bug-zapping lanterns, try our tested three-step system that eliminates the mosquitoes living around your home and keeps them gone.
Mosquitoes are definitely annoying, but that is just the beginning of the problem. Their bites have the potential to spread infectious diseases including West Nile virus. The presence of mosquitoes can easily make spending time outside unbearable, so it’s a good idea to limit your exposure to them as much as possible. Luckily, Mosquito Shield offers a proven solution for Plymouth, MN residents looking for mosquito control.
How Does the Mosquito Shield System Work?
The Mosquito Shield three-step approach takes effect very quickly and produces long-lasting results:
- We start by making it much harder for mosquitoes to bite you, your family, and your pets. Humans and pets naturally exhale CO2, and this is what female mosquitoes detect to find targets to bite. CO2 masking confuses and disorients them, making it much harder for them to detect targets. This greatly reduces the frequency of mosquito bites.
- The next step is application of our patented spray. Your Mosquito Shield technician will target the areas around your home that are most likely to attract mosquitoes and apply the spray to all the organic surfaces around your property, including grass, shrubs, trees, garden areas, ponds, decking, walkways, and patios. The spray creates a vertical barrier that will provide long-lasting protection for your property.
- The final step of the Mosquito Shield system is maintenance. Your technician will help you determine the best schedule for reapplication. Typically, one reapplication every few weeks is enough to maintain and strengthen your barrier.
These three simple steps create an effective, and reliable answer for mosquito control in Plymouth.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
At Mosquito Shield we strive to provide our customers with as much information as possible about our services. This includes how our services work, and the value they offer. Consider some of the following questions about the Mosquito Shield system:
Q: When should I start mosquito spraying on my property?
A: Mosquitoes are most active during warm weather, so it’s a good idea to have your barrier applied before the spring. The sooner you schedule Mosquito Shield service, the sooner you can enjoy the outdoors around your home without fear of mosquitoes.
Q: How long does the Mosquito Shield treatment take to work?
A: When you need mosquito control in Plymouth, you want a solution that starts working right away. Most of our customers report noticeable results within just 24 hours of their first treatment.
Q: How will the Mosquito Shield spray hold up during the rain?
A: Your Mosquito Shield technician will add Rain Shield to the spray to ensure it adheres properly even in light to moderate rain. This substance is a proprietary mixture that ensures our services don’t lose any effectiveness due to the weather. We also track local weather carefully and determine the best times to re-spray after severe storms.
Discover An Effective Mosquito Control Solution
Mosquito Shield offers affordable pricing for top quality mosquito spraying services. If you have tried conventional mosquito control products to no avail, contact Mosquito Shield today. Our team will be happy to provide you with additional information about our services. Schedule your first appointment today!