Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Tick Spraying Tenafly, NJ
Ticks are one type of creature you certainly do not want invading your property. These tiny parasitic arachnids are invasive, difficult to detect, and capable of spreading severe infectious diseases like anaplasmosis, Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and a host of other illnesses. When it comes to tick problems on private property, Tick Shield offers professional tick spraying that eradicates these pests and keeps them from returning with our proven-effective treatment method.
Taking a reactive approach to a tick problem is not a good idea. If you notice ticks around your home frequently or if you or a loved one has recently sustained a tick bite, you can’t just wait for the problem to fix itself. Tick colonies can be extremely disruptive, and you should take a proactive approach to this type of problem with our expert tick spraying in Tenafly, NJ.
Best Practices to Avoid Ticks
Although our tick spraying is the ideal prevention method for your property, you must be vigilant when enjoying the outdoors away from your home. Ticks are active in wooded areas, and many of them could be lurking on your favorite hiking trail or around your preferred camping spots. If you like spending time outdoors, make sure you protect yourself from ticks while away from home with these basic tips:
- Minimized skin exposure. Exposed skin is an easy target for any tick, and it’s common for people to sustain tick bites without realizing it until they develop symptoms of an illness. When you spend time outside, wear long pants and long sleeved, loose-fitting clothes that are comfortable for moving around. If you need to hike through thick underbrush or make your way through any area with tall grass, it’s a good idea to tuck your pants into your socks and your shirt into your pants to make it as difficult as possible for ticks to attach to your skin.
- Use bug spray with DEET. Ticks resist most types of bug repellents, and the only types that can be effective at deterring ticks are the ones fortified with DEET. If you use any type of bug spray you will need to reapply it often but remember this is not a foolproof defense against ticks.
- Wear light colors. Ticks mostly have dark coloration, and they are so small that they can easily blend in against dark clothing if they land on you. Wearing light colors will make it much easier for you to spot ticks so you can remove them before they have the chance to bite.
These tips can help you minimize the chances of sustaining a tick bite while away from your home. However, Tick Shield offers professional tick spraying in Tenafly, NJ, that will eliminate the ticks around your property. No other service can match the effectiveness of the Tick Shield system in this regard.
How Does Our Tick Spraying Process Work?
When you contact Tick Shield to schedule tick spraying in Tenafly, NJ, one of our vector-trained technicians will visit your property to inspect it for signs of tick colonies. Once your technician has assessed the severity of your tick problem, they will begin spraying around your home. Our team specially formulated our spray to kill existing ticks instantly, and to keep new ticks at bay.
Our spray adheres to the organic surfaces around your home. As it dries it forms an invisible barrier that will prevent more ticks from entering your property. One of the most common ways for a tick to make its way to your property is by attaching to the coat of another animal and dropping into your yard. Dogs, cats, birds, deer, rabbits, and rodents could all potentially drop ticks off in your yard. If this does happen, however, our spray prevents these pests from staying very long.
If you’re ready for a more effective solution to your tick problem, it’s time to contact Tick Shield. Our service allows you to see results quickly, and it offers reliable protection from ticks all season long. Reach out to the Tick Shield team today schedule your first appointment.