Mosquito Shield also helps control your backyard with tick spraying. Medway homeowners need this service more than ever as the tick population has increased at an alarmingly high rate. Ticks are usually found in wooded, high-grass areas, but they can live in any yard with grass, shrubbery or leaves on the ground. Ticks transmit Lyme disease to both dogs and humans, so don’t take a chance this season; call on us for tick spraying. Medway homeowners deserve peace of mind while enjoying the outdoors.
Our Approach to Tick Spraying Medway Properties
Tick activity usually peaks from spring until the fall. Our licensed tick control specialists will help control your home all season long with tick spraying. Medway customers will work with our tick control specialists to form a strategy that eradicates current tick infestations and prevents new tick colonies from forming. With our tick spraying, Medway homeowners will receive treatments every two weeks. We use an effective barrier treatment for tick spraying Medway properties that does double duty against ticks and gets stronger as tick season progresses.
Additional Tick Protection Tips for Tick Spraying Medway Homeowners
Professional tick control through tick spraying in Medway is recommended, but besides tick spraying, Medway homeowners can take these preventative measures:
- Wear long-sleeved t-shirts and long-legged pants, especially if you’re in a wooded area that hasn’t received tick spraying. Medway residents should cover their arms and legs and tuck in their shirts, and even tuck their socks into their pants to keep ticks off their skin.
- Wear light-colored clothing while outdoors, even if your property is receiving tick spraying. Medway homeowners in lighter clothes will have an easier time seeing ticks on their clothes before the ticks move to the skin.
- Even if your yard is receiving tick spraying, Medway residents should wear bug spray outdoors.
- Talk to your vet about protecting your pets from ticks, fleas and heartworms.
- Shower immediately after you’ve been in a wooded, grassy area that could have ticks. Frequent grooming will help stop ticks along with tick spraying Medway.
Tick Spraying Medway Homes Helps Against Tick-Borne Diseases
Ticks are parasites that feed on warm-blooded hosts to reproduce—people, dogs, cats and deer. On top of Lyme disease, ticks also carry Ehrlichiosis, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and other co-bacterial infections. In the northeast, deer ticks are prevalent tick and can carry Lyme disease, making it crucial to get tick spraying. Medway and all southern Massachusetts homeowners should consider contacting us for tick spraying. Medway homeowners shouldn’t have to worry about disease while enjoying the great outdoors!
Common Questions About Ticks Before Tick Spraying Medway Homes
Our licensed technicians are experts at understanding tick behavior as well as tick spraying. Medway homeowners, consider these common questions and fact about ticks if considering us for tick spraying your Medway home:
- Ticks only crawl; they don’t jump or fly. Ticks will stalk potential hosts and then latch on when the host gets close enough.
- Ticks will detect either heat emissions or carbon dioxide emissions from a potential host. We make masking carbon dioxide a part of our tick spraying. Medway homeowners can literally breathe easier!
- You can remove a tick from your body, but in a very specific way. Don’t try to squash or squeeze the ticket, or try heating them with matches, pouring alcohol or covering them with petroleum jelly. Use tweezers or a tick puller to gently pull the tick out by the head. Don’t twist the tick while pulling.
- Once removed, drop the tick in rubbing alcohol to kill it. Don’t flush it down the toilet, and don’t squish the tick either—squishing the tick can transmit diseases.
Comprehensive Mosquito and Tick Spraying Medway Homeowners Can Use
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick spraying. Medway homeowners who use us for both spraying services will get a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitoes and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitoes and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitoes and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control. When it comes to the best tick spraying Medway has to offer, give Mosquito Shield a quick call at 800-908-7076 .