Mosquito Shield can also protect your property with tick spraying. Mansfield homeowners need this service more than ever as the tick population has increased at an alarmingly high rate. Ticks are usually found in wooded and/or high-grass areas, but ticks can live in any place with grass, shrubbery or leaves on the ground. Ticks can transmit Lyme disease to dogs, cats and humans, so don’t take a chance this season; call on us for tick spraying. Mansfield homeowners deserve peace of mind while enjoying the outdoors.
Our Approach to Tick Spraying Mansfield Properties
Tick activity peaks from spring through the fall. Our licensed tick control specialists will protect you all season long with our tick spraying. Mansfield customers will work with our tick control specialists to form a strategy that eradicates current tick infestations and prevents new tick colonies from forming. With our tick spraying, Mansfield homeowners will receive treatments every two weeks. We use an effective barrier treatment for tick spraying Mansfield properties that does double duty against ticks and gets stronger as tick season progresses.
Additional Tick Protection Tips for Tick Spraying Mansfield Homeowners
Professional tick control through tick spraying in Mansfield is recommended, but besides tick spraying, Mansfield homeowners can take these preventative measures:
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants while outdoors, especially if you’re in a wooded area that hasn’t received tick spraying. Mansfield residents should cover their arms and legs and tuck in their shirts, and even tuck their socks into their pants to keep ticks off their skin.
- Wear light-colored clothes, even if your property is receiving tick spraying. Mansfield homeowners in lighter clothes will have an easier time seeing ticks on their clothes before the ticks move to the skin.
- Even if your yard is receiving tick spraying, Mansfield residents should wear bug spray outdoors.
- Talk to your vet about protecting your dogs and cats from ticks, fleas and heartworms.
- Shower and/or bathe immediately after you’ve been in a wooded, grassy area that could have ticks—don’t delay. Frequent grooming will help protect against ticks along with tick spraying Mansfield
Tick Spraying Mansfield Homes Protects Against Tick-Borne Diseases
Ticks are parasites that feed on warm-blooded hosts, including people, dogs, cats and deer. Besides Lyme disease, ticks carry Ehrlichiosis, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and they can carry other co-bacterial infections. Deer ticks are a prevalent tick in the northeast that can carry Lyme disease, making it crucial to get tick spraying. Mansfield and all southern Massachusetts homeowners should consider contacting us for tick spraying. Mansfield homeowners shouldn’t have to worry about disease while enjoying the great outdoors!
Common Questions About Ticks Before Tick Spraying Mansfield Homes
Our licensed technicians are experts when it comes to tick behavior as well as tick spraying. Mansfield homeowners, consider these common questions and fact about ticks if considering us for tick spraying your Mansfield home:
- Ticks can only crawl; they don’t jump or fly. Ticks usually stalk potential hosts and then latch on when the host gets close enough.
- Ticks detect heat emissions as well as carbon dioxide emissions from a potential host. Thankfully, masking CO2 is a part of our tick spraying. Mansfield homeowners can literally breathe easier!
- You can remove a tick from your body, but in a very specific way. Don’t try to squash or squeeze the ticket, or try heating them with matches, pouring alcohol or covering them with petroleum jelly. Use tweezers or a tick puller to gently pull the tick out by the head. Don’t twist the tick while pulling.
- Once removed, drop the tick in rubbing alcohol to kill it. Don’t flush it down the toilet, and don’t squish the tick either—squishing the tick can transmit diseases.
Comprehensive Mosquito and Tick Spraying Mansfield Homeowners Can Use
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick spraying. Mansfield homeowners who use us for both spraying services will get a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control. To find the best tick spraying Mansfield can offer, reach out to our team at (508) 556-4634.