Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Tick Spraying East Brunswick
Most people know they should avoid ticks, but unfortunately, they do not do anything about it until they actually suffer a tick bite. Ticks can be just as much a problem around your home as trails, campgrounds, and other places you like to spend time outdoors. While conventional protection products may help when you are out and about, tick spraying can keep you safe from ticks on your own East Brunswick property.
Ticks are exceedingly small and hard to see, even when fully mature. This is one of their most dangerous traits, as many people have suffered tick bites and contracted serious illnesses from them without even realizing they had come into contact with ticks.
Ticks are small parasitic arachnids that can carry and spread a host of infectious diseases including Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme disease, and anaplasmosis, among others. For this reason, it is smart to invest in tick spraying in East Brunswick to avoid ticks entirely.
How Does Our Tick Spraying Work?
Tick Shield created an effective spray solution designed to not only kill ticks quickly but also to prevent more of them from returning to the treated area. Our spray works fast, and our vector-trained technicians know how to find the places where ticks like to set up their colonies. When you call Tick Shield for tick spraying in East Brunswick, your technician will spray all around your property and look for signs of tick colonies, destroying them if found.
The tick spray we developed adheres to organic surfaces, creating an invisible barrier that will prevent more ticks from wanting to enter your property and build new colonies. Ticks typically find their way to residential areas by riding on the coats of other animals, including dogs, cats, rabbits, raccoons, rodents, birds, and deer. Local wildlife may unwittingly drop ticks into your yard at any time, but our spray makes sure they do not want to stay.
Best Practices to Avoid Ticks Away from Your Home
Tick spraying at your East Brunswick residential property can help ensure it remains safe from tick infestations, but you probably enjoy spending time outdoors away from your home as well. If you go hiking or take camping trips on a regular basis, a few practices can help limit your exposure to ticks and reduce your chances of experiencing a bite.
- Limit the amount of skin you leave exposed when you spend time outdoors. If you wear loose-fitting long sleeves and long pants, you minimize the surface area where a tick could bite you. If a tick lands on your clothing, it will be much harder for the tick to bite you.
- Choose light colors. Most ticks have dark coloration, and are typically brown, black, or red. This makes it quite easy for them to blend in against dark-colored clothing. If a tick lands on your clothes while you’re wearing lighter colors, it will be easier to spot and remove it before it has the chance to bite you.
- Use the right insect repellent. If you prefer to use some type of topical insect repellent, make sure you use one designed to repel ticks. Ticks are resistant to many types of bug sprays, but they do not like DEET. If you want a bug spray that is effective at repelling ticks, use one with DEET. However, keep in mind you will need to apply it regularly and it may not be completely effective.
These tips can help you reduce your risk of sustaining a tick bite when you are away from home. The services from Tick Shield ensure that your property remains a safe haven from ticks and the diseases they carry. If you want to get rid of the ticks living around your home and make sure they stay gone, Tick Shield is here to help. Contact us today and learn more about our tick spraying in East Brunswick and how it can help you keep your distance from these pests.