Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Tick Spraying Dayton
At Tick Shield, we strive to help our customers eliminate the ticks on their properties and keep them away as effectively as possible. Ticks are some of the worst creatures to have on your property due to the severe diseases they can carry, including Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, anaplasmosis, Powassan virus disease, Lyme disease, and many more. Some of these diseases can lead to lifelong medical complications and require expensive medical treatment. Instead of spending your money on ineffective solutions to fight the ticks around your home, choose tick spraying in Dayton from Tick Shield for the best results.
Why Tick Spraying in Dayton Is Vital
Ticks are not only dangerous because of the diseases they carry, but also how small they are and the fact that many people suffer tick bites without realizing it. In many cases, tick bites leave telltale bullseye-shaped wounds, but this isn’t always a guarantee. Some people do not realize they have suffered a tick bite until they develop symptoms of one of the diseases they carry. Ultimately, taking a reactive approach to ticks is not ideal. Tick spraying in Dayton from Tick Shield can help ensure ticks never find their way to your property in the first place.
A tick can make its way to your property through various means, but the most common is riding on the coat of another animal. Dogs, cats, birds, deer, rodents, and rabbits can all potentially carry ticks to your yard, dropping them in the grass where they will look for a place to establish a new colony. Ticks are incredibly small, and even fully mature ticks may be smaller than grains of rice. Tick spraying helps eliminate these hidden threats quickly and effectively, and the best part is that the Tick Shield system works for your entire property.
How Do We Perform Tick Spraying in Dayton?
Tick Shield’s system for tick spraying in Dayton is the superior choice if you want to protect your home from ticks. When your Tick Shield technician arrives to treat your property, they will apply our specialized tick spray all around your yard and in the places where ticks are most likely to colonize. The spray kills ticks very quickly and creates a barrier that will prevent more ticks from entering your property.
Best Practices to Remember
Tick Shield’s services can help you avoid the serious issues that ticks can cause, but you should also know how to protect yourself from ticks when you’re away from home. Ticks love wooded areas, and they can drop onto people from trees and other foliage. Keep the following best practices in mind whenever you spend time outdoors away from home:
- Avoid wearing dark colors. Most ticks have dark coloration, so they will blend in easily against darker clothes. Wearing lighter colors will make it much easier to spot ticks that land on you or others so you can remove them quickly to avoid a bite.
- Avoid exposed skin. As long as the weather permits, try to wear long sleeves and long pants when you spend time outdoors, especially in heavily wooded areas. The less skin you leave exposed, the harder it will be for ticks to bite you.
- Use bug repellant with DEET. While this is not a foolproof defense against ticks, bug spray with DEET may help you minimize your chances of becoming a target of nearby ticks. Keep in mind that bug sprays may require frequent reapplication.
These tips can help you stay safe from ticks away from your home, and Tick Shield can ensure your home remains tick-free. If you’re interested in removing ticks from your property, we can help. Contact Tick Shield today for more information about tick spraying in Dayton and schedule your first treatment.