The most effective way to get rid of mosquitoes on a property isn’t bug spray, ultraviolet bug lights, or sticky tape – it’s mosquito spraying. Westford residents rely on Mosquito Shield of Middlesex County for top-quality mosquito and tick spraying. Mosquito Shield has locations all over the United States, bolstered by years of consistent success eradicating mosquitoes from residential and commercial properties. We use a three-pronged method to eliminate these pests for good. Learn more about mosquito control. Here are three benefits our services can give you:
Protection from Dangerous Diseases
A major concern for citizens of Middlesex County is the potential for contracting harmful and potentially life-threatening diseases from mosquitoes. While most mosquito bites don’t result in any major illnesses, they can transmit diseases to humans and pets, including:
- West Nile virus. The West Nile virus can lead to mild to severe symptoms, such as abdominal pain, muscle and back pain, fever, headache, nausea, sore throat, vomiting, and diarrhea. Over time, West Nile can cause confusion, muscle weakness, and loss of consciousness. Mosquito spraying in Westford can help you avoid and prevent West Nile.
- If you have dogs or other animals, mosquitoes can lead to heartworms – literal parasites within the heart. Heartworm infections can lead to cough, exhaustion, weight loss, loss of consciousness, and congestive heart failure. Mosquito Shield protects your pets.
- One of the most recent diseases connected with mosquito bites is the Zika virus. Zika can lead to flu-like symptoms such as fever, headache, and joint pain. Contracting Zika while pregnant can lead to a birth defect called microcephaly, as well as other brain damage. Get the facts about the Zika virus.
Insects infect thousands of people and animals with harmful viruses every year. Mosquitoes and ticks are the most common culprits, spreading disease by puncturing the skin of hosts, consuming a blood meal, and moving on to another host. Visit our website for more information about insect-borne diseases. Remember, mosquito spraying in Westford is the most foolproof way to prevent these viruses from impacting your family!
More Opportunities for Outdoor Events
Mosquito Shield protects properties for months on end with a proper treatment schedule. That means more time to enjoy your lawn, lounge outdoors, and host outside events like pool parties and barbecues. If you own a business, commercial and municipal mosquito control with Mosquito Shield can extend your busy season. Mosquito spraying eliminates pests and keeps your property insect-free, longer.
Get Peace of Mind with Mosquito Spraying in Westford
Mosquitoes are tricky insects. It takes special knowledge to know how they work and what will keep them away from a property over a long period. Mosquito Shield has done the work so you don’t have to. All you need to do is contact Mosquito Shield of Middlesex County and set up an appointment for mosquito spraying in Westford.
Our knowledgeable team will help you eradicate mosquitoes this season so you can have peace of mind when your family enjoys the great outdoors around your home. To schedule mosquito spraying, Westford residents can call (978) 315-0200 to speak with John Koss, your friendly franchise owner.
More About the Mosquito Shield Approach
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control. Give our team a call at (978) 315-0200 to find out more about mosquito spraying in Westford.