Are you tired of itchy and aggravating mosquito bites, and these annoying pests buzzing around every outdoor gathering on your property? Have you considered making your backyard fun again with mosquito spraying? St. Joseph residents should consider the Mosquito Shield service for the most robust protection against mosquitoes in the area. We have the utmost confidence in our three-step method that we offer a guarantee on our services, but we’re certain you’ll recognize the value after just one treatment.
Things to Know About Mosquito Spraying in St. Joseph
You might assume that mosquito spraying for your yard would be like fumigating your home for pests, but you’ll be delighted to learn that you can enjoy your yard again in as little as 15 to 20 minutes after your Mosquito Shield technician finishes spraying! This is thanks to the tested and effective technology behind our proprietary mosquito-killing solution.
We start by performing a CO2 masking procedure around your home. Female mosquitoes require blood to breed, and they detect their biting targets by the CO2 they exhale. Warm-blooded creatures like dogs, cats, birds, and yourself are all prime targets for female mosquitoes, but the CO2 masking makes it very difficult for them to detect and bite you. This step lays the groundwork for the Mosquito Shield service.
Next, we kill the mosquitoes already living on your property. Our vector-trained technicians know how to find the places where mosquitoes like to breed and congregate. After your technician kills the existing mosquito population on your property, the technician will apply the Mosquito Shield spray to the organic surfaces around your home. This solution includes FlexBlend technology, which allows it to adhere quickly and easily to the organic surfaces around your property like grass, trees, garden paths, patio furniture, porches, and decks.
The Mosquito Shield spray forms a vertical barrier around your property that will deter mosquitoes from entering and causing more problems. Thanks to the Rain Shield additive in our spray, you don’t need to worry about the rain washing away your mosquito barrier. Our solution can withstand light to moderate rain, and you can always schedule an earlier respraying appointment after heavy storms if you’re concerned about the quality of your barrier.
Benefits of Mosquito Spraying in St. Joseph
We understand that St. Joseph residents have lots of options when it comes to mosquito management, but we’re certain that none can make the effectiveness and other benefits of the Mosquito Shield service, including:
- One spraying treatment takes as little as ten minutes, and you can start enjoying the outdoors on your property again by the time your technician has packed up and left! You don’t need to worry about sequestering yourself inside to wait for the chemicals to settle.
- Follow-up appointments after your initial visit do not require you to be home, and you may not even notice our technician arrive for your appointment. We send emails to every customer before and after every treatment that includes all the pertinent details.
- Our team consistently monitors mosquito populations and weather patterns throughout every area we serve, so we can notify our customers of the best times to respray.
- Most of our customers report substantially decreased mosquito activity around their homes in as little as 24 hours after their first appointments..
These are just a few of the reasons you should consider mosquito spraying in St. Joseph. Our backyard mosquito spraying treatments can help you and your family enjoy the outdoors again without fear of itchy and annoying mosquito bites. Removing as many mosquitoes as possible from your property is also a great way to minimize the risk of contracting mosquito-borne diseases like West Nile Virus and malaria.
If you’re interested in mosquito spraying in St. Joseph, Mosquito Shield can answer all of your questions. Call us today for more information about our mosquito spraying service in St. Joseph or to schedule your first treatment.
More About Our Approach
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.