Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Mosquito Spraying Northborough
Central Massachusetts residents know that the area is home to several insects that can cause an annoyance, especially during the warmer months of spring, summer, and early autumn. However, the common mosquito is much more than a pest. While mosquito bites can cause itchy welts that enough to ruin a pleasant summer evening, for many people, these welts can cause an allergic reaction requiring additional medical attention. Worse, mosquitoes can carry serious diseases such as eastern equine encephalitis and West Nile virus.
So, what can you do to control the seemingly ever-present mosquito population near your Northborough home? For many people, the initial approach involves the DIY solutions you see on the shelves at any lawn and garden center, big box store, and home improvement retailer. Unfortunately, these seemingly low-cost options can end up costing you much more than you’ve planned.
Why Choose Our Mosquito Spraying in Northborough?
Northborough residents are likely accustomed to purchasing options like mosquito repellent, citronella candles, torches, and even novelty solutions like mosquito repellent bands and soundwave barriers. While these DIY solutions might help reduce the number of mosquitoes hovering near you for a while, they fail to address the real problem that continues to lurk in your backyard. Even if you aren’t actively receiving bites, mosquitoes are still elsewhere on your property, reproducing and lying in wait for the moment you lift the net or extinguish your citronella candle.
Worse, many of these products are only minorly effective at keeping mosquitoes at bay and don’t lead to a lasting solution, requiring you to return to the store time and again. Eventually, you’ll spend more money than you realize in a losing effort to prevent mosquito bites. Fortunately, Mosquito Shield has the solution— our affordable and effective mosquito spraying.
Mosquito Shield’s Three-Step Approach
When you choose Mosquito Shield for mosquito spraying, our Northborough technicians will arrive at your home, prepared to treat every inch of your property. They will completely eradicate mosquitoes and prevent them from returning. We’ve patented a three-step process designed to keep your property mosquito-free for months to come. The process:
- Carbon dioxide masking. Many clients are unaware that female mosquitoes cause all the bites; they track prey by sensing the carbon dioxide humans emit while exhaling. Before mosquito spraying, our Northborough team members will interfere with mosquitoes’ ability to sense this CO2, throwing them off your scent and preventing bites. You’ll notice an immediate drop in mosquito bites after this process.
- Patented mosquito spraying. Northborough mosquito technicians will then turn their attention to applying our patented mosquito spray. This spray settles onto all the organic surfaces of your property, including your decking and fencing. Spray begins to dry immediately and becomes more effective over time, forming an invisible mosquito barrier around your property.
- Ongoing maintenance. After the initial application, we recommend follow-up mosquito spraying. Northborough technicians will monitor the local weather to determine the optimal time return to your property. In most cases, re-application every 10 to 17 days is sufficient to reinvigorate the effects of our mosquito spray. This process keeps your barrier effective for months to come.
Choose Us for Mosquito Spraying in Northborough
When you select Mosquito Shield for your mosquito control needs, you’ll benefit from our patented, three-step process, which is proven to eliminate mosquitoes from your property. In addition, we add Rain Shield to our mosquito spray formulation, so you won’t have to worry about your mosquito protection weakening after a light to moderate rain shower. With occasional maintenance, you can keep your property mosquito-free and begin to enjoy the outdoors once again.
In fact, our product begins drying immediately, allowing you to return outdoors within 10 minutes after application. Best of all, compared to the constant cost and hassle of maintaining DIY mosquito solutions, Mosquito Shield is a stress-free, cost-efficient service that provides lasting results.
Contact Us for a Mosquito-Free Summer
Stop spending money on ineffective store-bought solutions, and consider mosquito spraying services from Mosquito Shield. Our patented process can get you back to enjoying your backyard once again and keep pesky mosquitoes away long-term. Contact us today to make your first appointment!