Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry a satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Mosquito Spraying in Milford That Works
If mosquitoes seem to attack you the instant you exit your Milford, MA home, you’re not alone. In fact, April through September is prime mosquito season here in Central Massachusetts. Unfortunately, these warmer months are also an ideal time to participate in outdoor activities, including backyard barbecues, yard work, and much more. If you’re tired of dealing with constant itchy bites caused by mosquitoes on your property, it’s time to find a solution for mosquito spraying that Milford residents can rely on.
Most Milford area homeowners have tried the common methods for mosquito control you can find on the shelves of your local big box or hardware store. These products, including citronella candles, mosquito nets, and bug zappers can provide localized mosquito control for a short period of time. Unfortunately, you’ll need to stay within range of your preferred solution to avoid bites. Worse, these temporary fixes don’t address the real problem—the mosquitoes that continue to breed in other areas of your property. Instead of spending money in an attempt to constantly refresh these short-term solutions, consider mosquito spraying. Mosquito Shield will help keep your property mosquito free all season long.
How Does Our Mosquito Spraying Technique Work?
As mentioned, most DIY mosquito products only provide a few square feet of relief, ignoring the mosquitoes brooding in other areas of your property. In contrast, the Mosquito Shield system provides protection in all areas of your property. When you contact Mosquito Shield for mosquito spraying, our Milford technicians take a three-step approach designed to rid your property of mosquitoes for good.
Our three-step process utilizes:
- CO2 masking procedures. Before mosquito spraying, our Milford technicians will work to prevent mosquitoes from tracking you, your family, and your pets. We are able to interrupt the way female mosquitoes can hone in on their prey by masking the carbon dioxide emissions that attract them. In this way, Mosquito Shield vastly reduces the number of biting mosquitoes on your property.
- Mosquito spraying. Milford technicians will then apply our patented mosquito spray, designed to target only the mosquitoes on your property. This spray kills on contact, and quickly adheres to the organic matter on your property such as grass, foliage, and wooden decking. Mosquito spray continues to eliminate mosquitoes long after your initial treatment.
- Routine maintenance. After your appointment, our team will continue to monitor local weather patterns and mosquito populations to determine the best time to provide follow-up treatment. Typically, maintenance appointments occur every 10 to 17 days to keep your property mosquito-free.
Why Choose Mosquito Shield?
At Mosquito Shield, we provide Milford residents with long-lasting, cost-efficient mosquito prevention. With proper maintenance, our three-step mosquito spraying process will kill the mosquitoes on your property and prevent them from returning. Better yet, you won’t have to remain trapped inside for hours as with DIY sprays; our product begins drying immediately, and you can return outside in as little as ten minutes after treatment. Most clients notice a significant drop in mosquito activity within about 24 hours after application.
Our patented spray is designed to cling to organic material. Mosquito Shield spray will adhere to your lawn, trees, or landscaping, and will create a strong mosquito barrier. Additionally, our technicians will carefully apply spray to the areas of your property most likely to harbor mosquitoes. As a result, you’ll have full access to your property once again, without the danger of constant mosquito attacks or ineffectiveness of common DIY sprays.
If the area experiences rain showers after your initial application, no need to worry about rescheduling mosquito spraying. Our Milford technicians add Rain Shield to our spray to ensure it can withstand light to moderate rain. Continued maintenance will strengthen the invisible mosquito barrier that surrounds your property.
We’re Waiting to Hear from You
Ready to get back to enjoying your outdoor property during the upcoming warmer months? See what mosquito spraying services from Mosquito Shield can do for you. Contact our office to request more information or schedule your first appointment today.