Mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance. Little as those insects are, they pose a massive threat to your health. Mosquito spraying in Charlotte is designed to help protect yourself and your family from the dangers brought by mosquitoes.
How Does Mosquito Spraying in Charlotte Work?
Mosquito spraying in Charlotte targets mosquitoes that are hiding inside your house and your outdoor living spaces. Mosquito spraying in Charlotte is considered to be one of the most effective means through which mosquito populations can be controlled. With mosquito spraying in Charlotte, the chemical is sprayed on leaves, the ground, and common hiding places of mosquitoes. The spray instantly kills the mosquitoes that it touches. Once the sprayed chemical dries, it leaves a residue on the treated areas. The residue lasts for about a week, and it continuously repels mosquitoes and even other insects. Mosquito spraying in Charlotte is considered to be a long-term solution to mosquito problems.
The most common way of mosquito spraying in Charlotte is through fogging. In this method, a device called a fogger is used to disperse tiny droplets of liquid insecticides in a fog or mist. Small droplets enable mosquito spraying in Charlotte to penetrate mosquitoes wherever they hide. Mosquito spraying in Charlotte is typically done during early mornings or late afternoons when mosquitoes are most active. Two of the most popular types of foggers used in mosquito spraying in Charlotte are:
- Thermal Foggers – Thermal foggers used in mosquito spraying in Charlotte utilize heating coils to convert the chemical solution from liquid to mist or smoke. Mosquito spraying in Charlotte through thermal foggers is ideal for use in outdoor areas, such as in yards or patios. On the other hand, it is not used for indoor mosquito spraying in Charlotte as studies have suggested a link between thermal foggers and asphyxiation.
- Cold Foggers – Cold foggers are powered by electricity to convert fogging liquid to a fine mist which is then dispersed into the air at high velocity. The biggest advantage of cold foggers for mosquito spraying in Charlotte is that they may be used indoors as there is a lower risk of asphyxiation.
Two popular insecticides used for mosquito spraying in Charlotte are:
- Malathion – Malathion is often used to control a variety of insects that infest crops. Typically used in 5% solution, this chemical can be directly sprayed onto vegetation, where mosquitoes often lay eggs. Because of the small amounts required for mosquito spraying in Charlotte, malathion poses no risk to humans and animals.
- Permethrin – Permethrin is usually mixed with oil or water and used as a mist. It is a preferred chemical for mosquito spraying in Charlotte because it kills mosquitoes quickly by targeting their central nervous system.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mosquito Spraying in Charlotte
It is understandable to be a little concerned at the thought of chemicals being sprayed in your house or backyard. To give you peace of mind, here are the answers to some of the most common questions about mosquito spraying in Charlotte.
- Is mosquito spraying in Charlotte safe for my family: The chemicals used for mosquito spraying in Charlotte are generally safe and are typically employed in small amounts. However, it is advisable to vacate the house or property where mosquito spraying in Charlotte is ongoing.
- How long does a session of mosquito spraying in Charlotte last: A typical period of mosquito spraying in Charlotte lasts for 20-30 minutes, although it may take longer for a larger house or property.
- How often does my yard need mosquito spraying in Charlotte: It is generally recommended to have mosquito spraying in Charlotte every three to four weeks.
- Will it still be safe to eat the fruits and vegetables in my yard after mosquito spraying in Charlotte: Yes, but make sure to rinse the fruits or vegetables thoroughly before eating or cooking them.
Get Rid of Mosquitoes in Your Home
Apart from giving you itchy bites, mosquitoes can cause a lot of dangerous diseases. Always ensure that your home is clean and uninviting to mosquitoes. Also, consider mosquito spraying in Charlotte for a long-lasting solution.
Mosquito Shield: The Piedmont—The Leader in Mosquito Control
Mosquitoes and ticks carry and spread dangerous diseases such as dengue, malaria, Zika, Lyme, and ehrlichiosis, which can put you and your family at risk. Because of this, it is important to target the source to keep you and your loved ones safe from harm. For mosquito and tick control methods, trust none other than Mosquito Shield: The Piedmont.
About Our Mosquito Control Company
In 2001, we founded Mosquito Shield: The Piedmont to provide effective and affordable mosquito and tick solutions to residential and business communities. We developed the Mosquito Protection Barrier™ (MPB), a patent-pending spray that eliminates existing mosquito populations and builds a barrier for a virtually mosquito-free property. For more than 17 years, we have been working hard to make our solutions perfect for our clients. We offer the same excellent service in The Piedmont, so you can enjoy a mosquito-free yard throughout the seasons. Our reach continues to grow wider in our effort to serve more families and communities. Feel free to reach out to our helpful staff if you would like to know if we cover your area.
Providing Efficient Mosquito Control
At Mosquito Shield: The Piedmont, we offer simple and proven solutions that can help you get rid of annoying mosquitoes in your yard. We follow a three-pronged approach to eliminating mosquitoes, ensuring that you remain comfortable throughout the year.
Our technicians apply a wax-based water repellent spray that clings to the structures and organic matter in your yard, eliminating lingering mosquitoes. To prevent new swarms from forming, we use our repellent treatment to mask carbon dioxide levels that draw mosquitoes to your property. As a final layer of protection, we apply a vertical barrier that strengthens each time we make a service visit.
Reliable Tick Control Services
Ticks also bring harmful diseases not just to humans but also to pets. These pests are usually found in wooded or high-grass areas. However, they can also dwell in your backyard as long as it has grass, shrub, or leaves on the ground. Because ticks easily spread, it is important to take immediate action and turn to a professional tick control company to protect your property from colonies and infestations.
The highest tick activity happens from spring until the fall months. Do yourself a favor by hiring a trusted tick control company before ticks take over your yard. Our tick control specialist can create an effective strategy and implement a complete barrier treatment. This will eradicate existing tick infestations and keep them from forming new colonies on your property.
What You Can Expect From Us
Mosquito Shield: The Piedmont offers comprehensive mosquito and tick control services that can protect your loved ones as well as your property from annoying and harmful pests. After signing up for our services, your first visit will be scheduled within five business days. You will receive an email notification before and after each visit. Once we apply our mosquito or tick control treatment, you will see a significant reduction of these parasites within 24 hours. Our licensed technician will visit your property every 10 to 17 days to ensure the quality of our services. The treatment intervals will depend on pest population and weather conditions in your area. To help our product withstand light to moderate rain, we add Rain Shield™ to each spray. This will allow the barrier to remain in effect even when it rains.
Trust a Mosquito Control Expert
If you want to keep your family safe from dangerous diseases and protect your property from disturbing pests, turn to Mosquito Shield: The Piedmont. Our solid reputation for more than a decade is a testament to our expertise in mosquito and tick control. We offer our services at almost half the price of our competitors. Because we are confident in our solutions, we even offer an unconditional money back guarantee. Visit our website today to learn more about our services.