Mosquitoes are a public nuisance in many ways. If you’re lucky, their bites will only result in itchiness, redness, and swelling; if not, the bites may result in any one of the fatal mosquito-borne illnesses plaguing us today.
That is why there are mosquito control methods such as fogging and mosquito spraying. Auburndale residents who want to steer clear of mosquitoes should employ these techniques to keep their yard mosquito-free. However, what exactly are these methods? What happens during mosquito spraying in Auburndale? How different are fogging and mosquito spraying for Auburndale towns?
Fogging vs. Mosquito Spraying in Auburndale
Fogging and mosquito spraying in Auburndale are nearly identical. These two methods involve releasing a diluted pesticide solution through a mist that kills mosquitoes on contact. However, fogging and mosquito spraying in Auburndale still have distinct differences that would matter if you’re deciding which method to use.
Here are the ways in which fogging and mosquito spraying in Auburndale are different from each other.
Fogging in Auburndale
Fogging is almost exactly like mosquito spraying. Auburndale exterminators just have the option to use either a water-based solution or an oil-based solution when fogging.
- Water-Based Solutions: Water-based solutions are the most common insecticides used by foggers. Aside from being odorless, the liquids don’t stain, are light on the skin, and disperse quicker.
- Oil-Based Solutions: Thicker and denser than water-based insecticides, an oil-based solution stays on surfaces longer. However, this also means that there is a greater chance that it will cause staining.
These two solutions last only for a little while. Once dispersed, you will have to get the fogging equipment out again or call a fogger to redo the treatment.
Mosquito Spraying in Auburndale
Mosquito spraying in Auburndale is also known as the “barrier treatment” since it eliminates adult mosquitoes and developing larvae. Since mosquito spraying in Auburndale is designed for your yard, you can be sure that it will break the life cycle of mosquitoes on your property completely.
Unlike fogging, mosquito spraying in Auburndale is treated as a service. It requires no maintenance from the homeowner. Additionally, since it is done by a certified structural pest control technician, mosquito spraying in Auburndale is considered as a more comprehensive method of mosquito control. Mosquito spraying in Auburndale doesn’t just entail spraying pesticides at your plants.
It also includes proper management of the water on your property, which would kill off the mosquito population in your home. The technicians who handle mosquito spraying in Auburndale will treat your whole yard carefully. It is guaranteed that no beneficial insects or other wildlife will be affected by the mosquito spraying. Auburndale technicians are trained to avoid flowering plants and water bodies with fish.
Mosquito spraying in Auburndale is a quick process, but it has long-lasting effects. Within just 30 minutes of the mosquito spraying in Auburndale, you and your family can enjoy your mosquito-free yard. It typically lasts for up to 21 days. Additionally, since mosquito spraying in Auburndale also treats your property’s water, mosquitoes wouldn’t have a place to breed in your home in the first place.
Fogging and Mosquito Spraying in Auburndale: Which Is Better?
Though fogging and mosquito spraying in Auburndale mostly follow the same procedures and basically have the same results, their scope and effectiveness are vastly different. Fogging is a short-term solution, while mosquito spraying in Auburndale works for the long term. Since mosquito spraying in Auburndale targets mosquitoes in their adult and larval stages, it will eventually lead to the elimination of the mosquito population in your home. Mosquito spraying in Auburndale offers a more permanent form of mosquito control than fogging.
Between fogging and mosquito spraying, Auburndale residents should opt for mosquito spraying. If you want your property to be rid of mosquitoes permanently, then you should consider hiring a pest control company that is skilled at mosquito spraying in Auburndale. For that, you should turn to Mosquito Shield: Central FL. Get in touch with us today.
Mosquito Shield: Central FL specializes in mosquito and tick control. We serve various states around the country, including Central Florida. We started operations back in 2001 upon seeing the need for mosquito control for residential homes. Over the years, we have developed a better understanding of mosquitoes and their behavior. Through research and experience, we came up with various products to exterminate these pests.
What We Do
At Mosquito Shield: Central FL, we provide immediate solutions and preventive measures against ticks and mosquitoes thriving in your property. Here’s a detailed look at our services:
Mosquito Shield: Mosquitoes are attracted to the carbon dioxide (CO2) that we breathe out. Our mosquito spray can cover the CO2 to make it difficult for these insects to locate you. Our sprays create a protective barrier to fend off mosquitoes. Through successive applications, the shield gets stronger to give you better defense against these insects. We also added Rain ShieldTM in our products to ensure the spray remains in effect even under moderate rains. Here are different packages available:
- Residential: Without mosquitoes pestering you, you can spend more time in the outdoors with your family and friends. Get to enjoy barbecue, backyard games, or gardening without pests bothering you. Request our services and protect your family against mosquitoes and the deadly diseases they bring such as dengue virus, West Nile virus, malaria, and Zika virus.
- Commercial: Mosquitoes can be bad for your business. These insects can turn off customers and keep office workers unproductive. You may end up losing money in the Create a healthy commercial area and enjoy all the benefits.
- Special Events: We understand how much time and effort you put into preparing for events such as birthdays, weddings, or any other social gatherings. Don’t let mosquito bites take away all the fun. At Mosquito Shield: Central FL, we want you to enjoy your special events. Contact us to set up an appointment a week before your special event. Our mosquito and tick treatment will keep these insects from ruining your day and protect you from known diseases.
- Tick Shield: Ticks thrive in grassy areas in your property, particularly during spring and fall. These pests can also move from one place to another through animals such as deer and rodents. Like mosquitoes, ticks are carriers of diseases such as Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Ehrlichiosis, and Bartonella. With the help of our tick control specialist, we can help exterminate existing infestations and prevent new colonies.
Why Choose Us
You might be considering getting mosquito or tick control service on your property. Here are some benefits of choosing us as your service provider:
- Enjoy Immediate Results – Once you contact us for our services, we can set up an appointment in as little as five days. We will visit your property at your most convenient time. The application takes as little as 10 minutes to complete. Our fast-drying sprays remain in effect even with moderate rainfalls. After our initial visit, expect a big difference in your property in just 24 hours.
- Expect Follow-up Visits – Our technicians will make a follow-up appointment every two weeks to ensure the problem has been resolved. Intervals between appointments may vary between 10 to 17 days, depending on the level of infestation. We also send an email message before and after the appointment to provide you with details.
- Get Your Money’s Worth – On the average, we charge $49 for every visit, which is cheaper compared to the industry rate of $79. We offer a money-back guarantee if our customers are not satisfied with our services. Contact us within a week if you feel that we haven’t fulfilled our promise.
Get in Touch With Us Today
We can help you eradicate ticks and mosquitoes on your property. Mosquito Shield: Central FL has more than 17 years of experience in pest extermination. Call us today at 800-908-7076 and let’s discuss how we can help you with your situation. Check out our website for further details about our tick and mosquito control services.