There is a science behind mosquito control. West River citizens can rely on Mosquito Shield for effective, long-lasting pest control all season long. We don’t only exterminate (and repel) mosquitoes – we also offer flea and tick control solutions as well. View our plan options. This year, take back control of your lawn with our best mosquito control tips, straight from the professionals.
5 Tips for Mosquito Control in West River (and One Bonus Tip)
Mosquito control in West River is all about knowing your enemy. At Mosquito Shield, we’ve done the hard work for you. The founders of our company and creators of our unique Mosquito Protection Blend formula, spent over 15 years researching mosquitoes. They learned their life cycles, habits, and more to come up with the ideal control solutions. In their research, they discovered many ways to keep mosquito populations at bay:
- Eliminate standing water. Mosquitoes need water to lay eggs and reproduce. Getting rid of water buckets and other sources of water near your home can help reduce populations.
- Dress for the outdoors. Wear long sleeves and pants outdoors to prevent bug bites. Light-colored clothing may also help repel mosquitoes.
- Avoid the outdoors at dusk and dawn. Dusk and dawn are prime mosquito times – stay indoors during these times of day to reduce the risk of bites.
- Remove clutter from your lawn. Anything that could collect water, like tarps and old tires, can attract mosquitoes. Tall grass also attracts mosquitoes.
- Don’t use bug magnets (or “zappers”). These tools attract more bugs to your property than they kill. Plus, they are nondiscriminatory – they kill good bugs that eat mosquitoes.
If these tips sound like a lot of changing your habits to avoid mosquitoes rather than real mosquito control in West River, it’s because they are. These tips can help you reduce populations and bug bites, but only Mosquito Shield creates a vertical barrier around your lawn, blocking mosquitoes for good. You don’t need bug repellants, long clothes, or certain hours you can go outside when you have Mosquito Shield. That’s our bonus tip for you – and our number one trick for real mosquito control.
How Does Our Mosquito Control in West River Work?
Our Mosquito Protection Blend kills on contact and puts up a shield around your active areas. The shield keeps bugs out for good (with regular Mosquito Shield applications). It also masks carbon dioxide, which is one of the things we know attracts mosquitoes. This is why you’ll notice more mosquitoes during a gathering with multiple people. The more people talking, laughing, and breathing, the more mosquitoes. At least, that’s true when you don’t have Mosquito Shield. Learn more about our product.
Thanks to Mosquito Shield, you can enjoy a truly mosquito-free property, from early spring all the way through fall. No more spraying yourself with chemicals or cancelling barbecue plans because of an influx of mosquitoes. At Mosquito Shield, we think like mosquitoes. We can help you achieve real, long-lasting mosquito control. West River homeowners can call (410) 692-8008 to get in touch with Mosquito Shield’s Annapolis franchise.