Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Monticello Mosquito Control Services
Mosquito Shield offers a top quality option for mosquito control in Monticello, MN. We understand how frustrating mosquitoes can be when you’re trying to enjoy your time outdoors. Mosquitoes are irritating and can easily make it feel unbearable to spend time outside. You should be able to enjoy the outdoors with your friends and family in peace and comfort this summer.
Everyone knows that mosquito bites are itchy and irritating, but they can also spread serious diseases like West Nile virus. Removing the mosquitoes from your home will not only make it easier to enjoy the outdoors again but can potentially also spare you from contracting certain illnesses. Mosquito Shield offers an effective and reliable three-step system for mosquito control in Monticello, MN.
How Does the Mosquito Shield System Work?
Our process starts with your technician will start by inspecting your property and finding the places where mosquitoes are breeding and gathering. Next, your technician will use a three-step system to get rid of the mosquitoes around your property and keep them gone:
- Our first step is CO2 masking. Female mosquitoes detect their prey by the CO2 they emit when they exhale, and this includes you, your family, even your pets. CO2 masking disorients and confuses mosquitoes, making it much harder for them to find targets to bite.
- The second step is spraying. Our spray adheres to all the organic surfaces around your property such as grass, trees, decks, and garden areas. We’ll pay special attention to areas like ponds and downspouts, which tend to attract mosquitoes the most. The spraying process kills mosquitoes living around your home and creates an invisible vertical barrier that deters others from entering the property.
- The third and final step is reapplication of your spray. We will return every few weeks to ensure your barrier provides consistent protection. Every treatment strengthens your barrier and ensures mosquitoes cannot nest around your property and bother you while you enjoy the outdoors.
Mosquito Shield’s three-step system offers superior results compared to citronella candles, tiki torches, mosquito netting, and topical bug repellents. These solutions might offer a few hours of small-scale relief at most. Instead of wasting time and money on these ineffective solutions, trust Mosquito Shield to provide consistent and reliable protection for months to come.
Most Common Questions About Our Services
If you’re still wondering whether Mosquito Shield would be the right solution for mosquito control in Monticello, MN, consider these common questions about our services:
Q: How long does the Mosquito Shield system take to work?
A: Many of our customers in the Monticello region notice results in 24 hours or less following their first treatments. You can get back to using your yard in as little as 10 minutes following a treatment.
Q: How often will I need maintenance sprayings?
A: Generally, it’s best to have our team spray your property once every few weeks. This could be more or less frequent depending on the type of property you own. We typically recommend scheduling re-sprays following very heavy rainstorms to ensure consistent performance from your barrier.
Q: Can I afford the Mosquito Shield service?
A: When you want an effective solution for mosquito control, you want a system that offers real value. We keep our treatments affordable and never charge hidden fees or surcharges.
Stick With the Area’s Best Solution for Mosquito Control
Instead of wasting hundreds of dollars on ineffective conventional treatments for mosquito control, Monticello homeowners should choose Mosquito Shield for long-lasting protection that really works. Contact the Mosquito Shield team today to schedule your first treatment.