Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Dependable Mosquito Control Services in Minnetonka
If you have been looking for mosquito control in Minnetonka, you need to find a solution that provides more than just a few hours of relief. Unfortunately, that’s the best that most conventional treatments can offer. Instead of wasting time and money buying typical mosquito repellents, outdoor candles, and other products that provide varying levels of mosquito relief, try a more effective solution with Mosquito Shield.
If you want to keep your family and pets away from mosquitoes while you spend time outdoors, we can help. Our three-step system is proven effective for those in need of reliable mosquito control in Minnetonka.
Our Three Easy Steps To Mosquito Control
Our proven-effective, three step process gets rid of the mosquitoes living around your property and keeps them from coming back. At Mosquito Shield, our process involves the following three phases:
- We begin with masking the carbon dioxide that humans and pets naturally emit. This CO2 attracts female mosquitoes and causes them to bite. However, the Mosquito Shield CO2 masking process effectively disorients them and reduces the occurrence of mosquito bites when you spend time outside.
- Next, your vector-trained Mosquito Shield technician will apply our patented spray around your property. We target the areas where mosquitoes are most likely to gather and breed. We also make sure the areas where you like to spend time, such as your deck or patio, are taken care of as well. This step kills the mosquitoes living around your home and creates an invisible barrier that will prevent other mosquitoes from entering your property.
- Finally, your technician will determine the best maintenance spray schedule for your property. For most of our Minnetonka customers, reapplication every few weeks is best. Each treatment not only preserves your mosquito barrier; it strengthens it and increases its effectiveness for the months ahead.
These three steps form the Mosquito Shield system, a proven-effective answer for mosquito problems in your area. We provide peace of mind and the ability to enjoy the outdoors without needing to worry about mosquito bites any longer.
Additional Info About Our Mosquito Control Services
When you want a mosquito control solution, you want one that offers results you can enjoy for months to come, not just a few hours of relief. Most of our customers report significant drops in mosquito activity within just 24 hours after their first treatments. Plus, you can go back to enjoying your yard in as little as ten minutes following your first treatment.
Additionally, there is no need to worry about the weather interfering with your mosquito barrier when you choose Mosquito Shield. We use Rain Shield in our spray, a specially formulated substance designed to ensure our spray adheres correctly even in light to mild rain. However, we do recommend maintenance reapplication of your spray following heavy rainstorms.
Our team monitors Minnetonka weather patterns very carefully, and we have the technology to track local mosquito activity so we can provide our customers with the most up-to-date information as we help them choose their maintenance spraying schedules.
Mosquito Shield: Providing Value to Minnetonka, MN Customers
Conventional mosquito treatments can cost hundreds of dollars per year for mediocre results. In comparison, the Mosquito Shield system offers effective and reliable mosquito control for a fraction of that price. You’ll notice the value of our service right away, as you experience the peace of mind that comes with a mosquito-free summer. Contact Mosquito Shield today, and let us know how we can help.