Do you need mosquito control in Hopkins, MN? Those pesky critters can put a serious damper on your summer nights. From their infamous itchy bites to the diseases they can transmit to you and your loved ones, you need to rid your property of mosquitoes. When you need premier mosquito control in Hopkins, look no further than Mosquito Shield of Northwest Metro Minnesota.
Our professional and affordable mosquito control services can help you rid your backyard of mosquitoes quickly and efficiently. Our services often only take a matter of minutes, and our experienced and trained experts know where to target mosquitoes at the source. Don’t wait to fix your mosquito problem – trust Mosquito Shield of Northwest Metro Minnesota today.
What Diseases Do Mosquitoes Carry?
One of the greatest benefits of opting for mosquito control in Hopkins is reducing your family’s exposure to the nasty diseases that mosquitoes and other bugs can carry. Transmitted through bites, these conditions can lead to lingering, sometimes fatal symptoms and can cause you a great deal of discomfort. Some of the diseases you can avoid with mosquito control in Hopkins include the following:
- Zika Virus. While most common in South and Central America, some cases of Zika virus have occurred in the United States within the last few years. Transmitted via mosquito bites, this disease leads to devastating birth defects. Mosquito control in Hopkins can help lower your chances of contracting Zika.
- Malaria: Originating in Africa, malaria is a devastating disease that leads to millions of deaths around the world each year. Reduce your family’s exposure to malaria and other mosquito-borne diseases by implementing mosquito control on your Hopkins property.
- Encephalitis: This infection leads to brain inflammation, which can quickly lead to permanent damage. You can contract this infection through bites, and not implementing mosquito control on your Hopkins property can increase your exposure to mosquitoes who carry this virus.
- West Nile Virus: This virus is much more common in the United States than other mosquito-borne disease, and spreads via bites from infected mosquitoes. People with West Nile virus often do not experience any symptoms, and the infection can be fatal. However, mosquito control in Hopkins can help your family avoid this disease and enjoy the summer outdoors without fear.
Dog Heartworm: Your human family members are not the only ones who are at risk of contracting mosquito-borne diseases – your beloved pets can suffer as well. Dog heartworm is a parasite spread by infected mosquitoes. However, mosquito control in Hopkins can help you let your pets roam free without fear of mosquito-borne diseases.
- Lyme Disease: When you receive mosquito control in Hopkins, you can also reduce your family’s exposure to diseases spread by other bugs. Ticks spread Lyme disease through bites, a bacterial infection that can impact your brain and nervous system. The effects of Lyme disease can last for years after the initial infection.
Why You Need Professional Mosquito Control in Hopkins
Many Hopkins homeowners choose to DIY their mosquito control – but this can be a mistake. You can spend hours or even days attempting to rid your property of mosquitoes, going through multiple buckets of ineffective insecticide and watching mosquitoes reappear time and time again. Lose the stress and the extra cost by hiring the professionals from Mosquito Shield. Our technicians know how to remove your mosquitoes quickly, efficiently, and with the best formula possible. In addition, we provide mosquito control in Hopkins at an incredibly affordable rate. Click here to view our testimonials.
Contact Our Team for Mosquito Control in Hopkins, MN
Don’t suffer through mosquito swarms and incessant buzzing on your summer nights – opt for professional mosquito control in Hopkins to protect your comfort and your peace of mind. Mosquito Shield’s affordable and efficient services will have your backyard back to peak comfort in a matter of minutes. Are you ready to target those pesky critters? Call Mosquito Shield today to schedule your first appointment with one of our mosquito control technicians in Hopkins.
More About Our Approach to the Best Mosquito Service
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments are effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.