The professionals at Mosquito Shield know great mosquito control. Hoover residents can unlock comfortable, pest-free lawns with help from our team. Mosquito Shield is an industry expert in all things pests, with the right tools, techniques, and products for effective pest elimination. Get to know our brand. With our help, you can also become a master in mosquito control. Here are our top tips and tricks for keeping these bloodsucking bugs away from your property.
Mosquito Control in Hoover Starts with Your Environment
Certain environmental elements attract mosquitoes more than others. Property owners can look out for things that attract mosquitoes and encourage them to lay eggs. Eliminating what draws in mosquitoes can help you kill existing populations and deter future ones from coming to your lawn. Learn the facts about mosquitoes.
Here are elements that consistently attract mosquitoes:
- Standing water. Ponds, buckets, puddles, and other areas of standing water in your landscaping are beacons to mosquitoes looking for suitable habitats. Mosquito eggs need water to hatch. Females lay eggs on the water’s surface, and eggs will hatch about 24 hours later. Eliminating standing water can reduce mosquito populations.
- Mosquitoes also like mud, marshes, and swampy areas. If the ground is moist or wet part of the year, mosquitoes will come. They need water to survive and even wet soil will do. Some types of mosquitoes even lay eggs in mud instead of standing water. Mosquito control in Hoover may require fixing broken gutters or adding mulch to your landscape to get rid of muddy areas.
- Tall grass and weeds. Mosquitoes rest in tall grasses or brushy areas. Eliminate heavy underbrush on your lawn and mow regularly to destroy habitats that attract mosquito colonies. While mosquitoes won’t lay eggs in the grass, weeds and thick brush can harbor them.
Eliminating these three environmental factors can prevent mosquitoes from venturing on your property and settling in. If you live near a body of water or cannot get rid of one of these attractive elements, don’t worry. Mosquito Shield can provide impenetrable mosquito control in Hoover regardless of the type of lawn you have. Learn how Mosquito Shield works.
Don’t Trust Bug Zappers for Mosquito Control in Hoover
Bug lights and zappers certainly kill bugs – all bugs. They even kill the good bugs your landscape needs to thrive, such as bees and moths. You may kill bugs that eat mosquitoes, ultimately increasing the population on your property. Plus, many bug lights work by drawing in bugs to them to kill them. Bugs that may not have ventured onto your property will see the light and fly over – then they may get distracted by you, your family, or party guests and not even go into the zapper. Now you have mosquito colonies on your property because of your bug light.
Come to Mosquito Shield for Effective Mosquito Control in Hoover
Mosquito Shield is the leader in mosquito control in Hoover. We’ve mastered mosquito elimination and property shielding for the long term, and we can set up the ideal plan for your household. Contact us to speak to a representative about your perfect solution for mosquito control. Hoover residents can call (205) 243-1898 to get in touch with Mosquito Shield.
More About Our Approach to Mosquito Control Hoover
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
MPB gives you several options for pest control. It kills harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and it simultaneously repels airborne insects and prevents new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund. Check out our Satisfaction Guaranteed video.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment. Check out our Effectiveness video.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.