Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
How To Repel Mosquitoes in Northborough
The warmer months of spring, summer, and early fall are an ideal time to spend time outdoors with friends and family. Unfortunately, these months are also prime time for mosquitoes to make their appearance on your property. If the thought of being able to relax on your patio or deck, mow your lawn, work in your garden, or barbecue without being attacked by these flying pests has become nothing more than a dream, it’s time to develop a plan to repel mosquitoes. Northborough residents know that Mosquito Shield has the solution you need to get back to enjoying the outdoors.
While mosquitoes are infamous for the itchy, hive-like bites they cause, irritation from numerous mosquito bites aren’t the only danger you face during mosquito season. Mosquitoes are also a vector for multiple serious diseases, including malaria, West Nile, and Dengue fever, which can be carried from person to person as a mosquito feeds. You should be able to enjoy your property without the fear of infectious disease lurking around every corner, and Mosquito Shield can help.
Mosquito Shield’s Three-Step Process to Repel Mosquitoes in Northborough
Over the years, Mosquito Shield has developed a time-tested, effective solution designed to repel mosquitoes. Northborough homeowners—like you—wishing to rid yourself of this pest simply need to schedule an appointment at a time that’s convenient. Then, you’ll be able to sit back and relax while our skilled, vector-trained technicians treat your property with our three-step solution:
- CO2 masking procedure. First, your technician will administer a CO2 masking technique developed to repel mosquitoes. The carbon dioxide that humans and pets alike exhale attracts Northborough mosquitoes of all varieties. By masking CO2 emissions, our technicians disrupt the mosquito’s tracking process and prevent mosquitoes from biting.
- Spraying to repel mosquitoes. Northborough technicians will then apply our patented mosquito spray, designed to adhere to the organic surfaces on your property. This spray immediately begins killing mosquitoes and becomes more effective as it dries. In this way, our mosquito spray will continue to repel mosquitoes long after application is complete.
- Continued maintenance. To ensure all the organic surfaces on your property receive a full, even application, we’ll perform regular maintenance of your mosquito spraying. This technique establishes a long-lasting, invisible shield that will keep your property mosquito free all season.
Why Choose Mosquito Shield?
If you’ve visited your local hardware or home improvement store lately, you’ve likely noticed numerous products claiming to help repel mosquitoes. Northborough residents know, however, that these products are only moderately effective and last a relatively short time. Even worse, the price of continuous DIY purchases adds up over time, further straining your finances. In contrast, services from Mosquito Shield are extremely effective, and ongoing maintenance ensures that your property remains free of mosquitoes long-term.
After your initial appointment, Mosquito Shield technicians monitor the local weather patterns and mosquito populations to determine the ideal time to return. For most clients, continued maintenance usually takes place within about 10 to 17 days. In addition, we’ll apply Rain Shield along with your mosquito spray to ensure your treatment will stand up to light to moderate rainfall. The combination of these efforts results in a strong, invisible shield that will continue to keep you away from mosquitoes.
Reliable Mosquito Control in Northborough
If you’re fed up with spending your time and money on overly expensive, minimally effective DIY mosquito control devices like citronella, nets, torches, and foggers, it’s time to turn to Mosquito Shield. After a service call, you’ll be able to return outside within about 10 minutes, and most of our clients notice a drastic drop in the number of mosquitoes on their property within about 24 hours. Better yet, the protection is long lasting, especially with regular maintenance. Trust Mosquito Shield to rid your property of these pesky, disease-carrying insects and help you get back to enjoying time in the outdoor areas of your home.
Ready to learn more about the mosquito services offered by Mosquito Shield? Simply contact our office to request information, and a representative will reach out to discuss our proven, three-step method to repel mosquitoes. Northborough residents should call us today to book a mosquito spraying appointment.