Expert Tick Prevention in Vicksburg
Mosquito Shield is the leader in professional mosquito and tick control. We take a three-pronged approach to mosquito and tick protection: kill current pests; mask the CO2 that attracts new pests; and repel pests from your home. Our proprietary Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB) represents more than 15 years of product research and development, and our FlexBlend spray technology maximizes the effectiveness of MPB.
Mosquito Shield gives you several options for pest control. We can help by killing harboring mosquitoes, no-see-ums, black flies and other flying insects along with ticks, and we simultaneously repel airborne insects and prevent new pest infestations. Our treatment schedules are flexible so that you see the best results during peak mosquito and tick season. We add our Rain Shield blend to each spray so that treatments withstand light to moderate rain storms.
Our licensed technicians are trained in product application, mosquito and tick behavior, and species identification. We educate our techs to “think like a mosquito” while evaluating properties to find problem areas. They will also study weather and property conditions to take a holistic approach to your pest control treatment.
More than 90 percent of Mosquito Shield and Tick Shield customers reuse us season after season. We carry an unconditional satisfaction guarantee (which we’re happy to say mostly collects dust!). If for any reason you’re unsatisfied after your first visit, we’ll give you a full refund.
Once you contact Mosquito Shield, you can expect a couple things:
- Your first visit is scheduled within five business days of signing up for our treatments.
- You’ll get an email before and after each technician visit.
- The treatment will be applied to your common use areas like pools, decks, patios and swing sets, and it’ll be applied to wherever the mosquitos and ticks breed and live.
- After your first visit, you’ll see a significant reduction in insects, usually within 24 hours of the first treatment.
- A licensed technician will come to your property every two weeks, depending on the mosquito population and weather. Treatments can be effective when done either 10 days apart or even 17 days apart.
Mosquito Shield was founded in September 2001. We’ve all been there, trying to enjoy our homes’ outdoors, only to have our limited time outside ruined by unwanted mosquitos and insects. It was clear that the mosquito control products available at the time—body sprays, candles, mosquito magnets—weren’t up to the task. Frustrated with these options, we set out to formulate a true solution. The following 15 years were spent researching the science behind the mosquito life cycle, testing products, application methods and treatment frequency. We developed our own proprietary blend, Mosquito Protection Blend (MPB), that lasts for weeks and gets stronger as mosquito season progressed. Our MPB is made with natural oils that rid you of current mosquitos and repel future unwanted guests. Combining MPB with our FlexBlend application technology has put us at the forefront of residential mosquito control.
Expert Tick Prevention in Vicksburg
You’re spent months cooped up inside, eagerly imagining all the fun outdoor activities you and your family will enjoy when the weather warms up. However, while you’re making plans for cookouts and lawn games, blood-thirsty ticks are hiding in wait to infest your property and put a damper on your summer. Avoid this outcome by investing in quality tick prevention. Vicksburg is no stranger to these parasites, which can be dangerous vectors of disease. They are known to transmit a variety of bacteria and viruses that can potentially make you very ill.
If you want to shield your family from these pests, it’s important to understand the threats they carry. You can use this information to create a smart management strategy that will prevent them from threatening your family and allow you to enjoy the summer worry-free. The following tips should be used in conjunction with the application of Tick Shield, an extensive, resilient program for tick spraying. Vicksburg residents have trusted our product for almost two decades, and an impressive 90% of them continue to use it year after year.
Vicksburg Tick Prevention Keeps Ticks Away For Good
Ticks are not only irritating and repulsive, they can make you extremely sick. When ticks bite you, there is a chance they can transmit any of the following illnesses:
- Lyme Disease is transmitted by deer ticks and caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi. The infection can spread to the heart, nervous system, and joints if it isn’t diagnosed promptly.
- Louis encephalitis is a viral disease that can result in long-term disability, coma, or death, especially among the elderly.
- Ehrlichiosis is a bacterial infection that can lead to seizure, coma, and organ failure. If left untreated, it can be fatal, especially among children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever is caused by the bacterium Rickettsia rickettsia. It starts with flu-like symptoms but can worsen very quickly and may result in permanent damage, including amputation of infected areas, paralysis, and mental disability.
- Anaplasmosis is caused by Anaplasma phagocytophilum bacteria. If treatment is not started quickly or the patient is suffering from other health complications, it can lead to respiratory failure, organ failure, and death.
- Babesiosis is caused by parasites that destroy red blood cells. It can result in anemia, organ failure, and death.
- Colorado tick fever is a viral disease that is often mild but may lead to a severe illness that affects the central nervous system.
- Tick paralysis can usually be cured by removing the infected tick. If it remains attached, it releases a neurotoxin that causes paralysis. This can affect the lungs and diaphragm, making it hard to breathe and sometimes resulting in death.
Tips for Tick Prevention in Vicksburg
To protect yourself from ticks and their disease-carrying bites, follow these simple steps every time you go outside in an area where Tick Shield is not present:
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants in tightly woven fabrics to limit the amount of skin that’s exposed. Tuck your shirt into your pants, and your pants legs into your socks.
- Wear light colors. You can observe ticks more easily when they’re on your clothing, meaning you have more time to brush them off before they can attach to your skin.
- Apply insect repellant spray on clothes and exposed skin.
- Remove your clothing immediately when you come back inside. Inspect items for ticks and wash them in hot water.
- Take a shower right away. Carefully examine your hair, scalp, and skin. Areas of the body that fold and crease are especially good hiding spots, such as along your waistline, in your underarms, and behind your knees.
Along with the above tips, the most effective method for ensuring that your family stays away from ticks and the illnesses they transmit is to schedule a Tick Shield program for tick prevention. Vicksburg clients who choose Tick Shield enjoy tick-free seasons year after year. Our custom blend of essential oils, combined with EPA-registered control methods, kills ticks on contact and builds a tough barrier to keep future pests away. Give us a call today to discuss a plan for your property and get back to enjoying your summer!