What do you do after taking back your yard? Enjoy grilling and eating in a mosquito-free environment, of course! Give this recipe a try:
Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
(makes 4 servings)
- 2/3 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (5-6″ diameter) portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Low-fat cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the gills of the mushroom caps and remove the stems and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the soy sauce mixture on both sides of the mushroom caps.
- Grill the caps, stem side down first for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the tomato and cheese mixture into each cap, cover and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Recipe Source: King County Public Health
Image Credit: We Eat. Happy. Blog by Becky Grzesik