What do you do after taking back your yard? Enjoy grilling and eating a delicious summer salmon recipe in a mosquito-free environment, of course! Give this recipe a try:
Grilled Salmon Wraps
(makes 8-12 wraps)
For the marinade:
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds salmon filets, boneless, cut into 2-inch strips
- Flour tortillas
- Cooked salmon
- Salsa mayonnaise (make with 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup nonfat mayonnaise)
- Green and/or red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Green onions, sliced
- Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Prepare grill.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and mix well. Add salmon strips, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- While salmon is marinating, prepare all wrap ingredients and set aside.
- Remove salmon strips and drain well. Grill or broil salmon until done or until it flakes with fork.
- To prepare a wrap, take a tortilla and spoon a layer of salsa mayo in the center. Add a thin layer of cabbage, green onions, cilantro and the desired amount of salmon. Fold the tortilla up halfway to the center of the ingredients then roll either the right or left side of the wrap to the other side and serve.
Recipe Source: King County Public Health
Flickr Image Credit: wynlok