What do you do after taking back your yard? Enjoy grilling and eating in a mosquito-free environment, of course! Give this recipe a try:
Grilled Jalapeño-Lime Chicken
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- Non-fat cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine oil, lime peel, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Place chicken in bag. Squeeze out excess air then seal tightly. Turn bag to coat chicken on all sides then chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Remove chicken and discard bag with marinade. Place chicken on grill for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature in thickest part of chicken is at least 165ºF then serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Seattle & King County Public Health
Flickr Image Credit: Another Pint Please