What do you do after taking back your yard? Enjoy grilling and eating this simple vegan recipe in a mosquito-free environment, of course! Give this recipe a try:
Grilled Fruit Kebabs
(makes 8 servings)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 peaches, pitted and cut into 1″ pieces
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced into 1″ thick sections
- 4 1″ slices fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1″ pieces (or 1 can pineapple chunks)
- 16 strawberries, washed and hulled
- Prepare grill.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, sugar, lime juice, cinnamon and mint. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for about 10 minutes to prevent from scorching. Alternate fruit pieces and thread onto skewers.
- Brush kebabs with the sugar mixture then place on grill.
- Grill kebabs for about 6-8 minutes, turning frequently until fruit starts to brown and is heated through.
Recipe Source: King County Public Health
Flickr Image Credit: ~Prescott