What do you do after taking back your yard? Enjoy grilling and eating in a mosquito-free environment, of course! Give this recipe a try:
Grilled Chicken Salad with Garden Greens, Arugula, Baby Spinach, and Herb Sherry Vinaigrette
(makes 6 servings)
For the salad:
- 2 pounds of assorted seasonal garden greens, arugula, and baby spinach
- 6 chicken breasts, 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 lemon zest
- 6 sprigs chives, chopped
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl except olive oil.
- Slowly whisk olive oil into mixture until emulsified and chill.
- Wash lettuce.
- Marinate chicken with herbs, lemon zest, and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and grill.
Recipe Source: United States Department of Agriculture
Flickr Image Credit: Nodame